PDA

View Full Version : sort of pimples, but not...

kitca
11-27-2009, 11:02 AM
i have tried googling my new condition and cant find anything like it. i am getting a goatee type thing of skin bumps, mostly hormonal i think as they are worse for a couple days each month. they start in the old age creases around my nose and continue on my chin. they are not pimples, but red bumps. they dry up and become dry red marks, they only last a couple of days, but the redness and dryness lasts longer.

i would like to know what i can use on them to help clear them up, or stop them altogether, but i dont know what they are. anyone come across anything like this? id love some advise. thx.

somethingunusual
11-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Have you searched Perioral Dermatitis? And Metrogel as a possible treatment?
Not sure if that's what it is, but it sounds like a possibility. Good Luck!

kitca
11-27-2009, 03:18 PM
i think that may be it exactly! i didnt/dont know what it is, so i had a hard time searching for skin conditions or pimply things around mouth. i guess i will have to see my dr. afterall since the treatment meds require a script. thanks so much!

Evil Monkey
11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Does it look anything like this?????

http://www.pathguy.com/sol/14122.jpg

kitca
11-27-2009, 04:56 PM
nope, nothing like that. when i searched google images under that name the photos looked similar only thank god i dont have it that bad. your photo looks sort of like a herpes on steriods.

Evil Monkey
11-27-2009, 05:18 PM
LOL it is actually a pic of someone with herpes. I just couldn't help myself when I read your description in your first post. I apologize.

kitca
11-27-2009, 11:10 PM
ahhhaa, i kinda thought so too!

somethingunusual
11-28-2009, 01:48 AM
No problem and good luck! It can be pretty stubborn. The Metrogel worked for me in time but I know a girl who had to go on some pretty harsh antibiotics for hers.