PDA

View Full Version : FREE Looking for new home for my Cat

Evangeline
11-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I KNOW I'll get attacked for this thread, but we've asked everyone we know already.

We're expecting a baby in January, and my cat is NOT good with children.
We don't have a lot of time to spend with her now and will have even less to spend with her after january. I feel really bad for her.

She would be a great pet for people without small children, and I think she would do well with other cats also, I really think she is lonely right now.

She is spayed, about 5 years old, has had shots but not in years as she is an indoor cat.

If anyone is willing to give her a new home she will come with 2 scrtaching posts, toys food, dishes, litter box, harness with her tags on it. ect.

Thanks!

GRUMPY
11-28-2009, 09:13 PM
True you might get attacked but what the hell you've been attacked for less, you are doing the responsible thing. You could have just dropped the cat off at the pound.

Dragonfly
11-28-2009, 09:16 PM
No a cat that is not good around babies is a darn good reason to get rid of her. I'll keep my ears out for you.

HDV
11-29-2009, 11:58 AM
My wife has 2 cats and they are both 7 yrs old. Before we had our daughter these cats hated kids. Would run and hide, never hurt or swatted at a kid though. But they were not fond of kids period. When we had our daughter they changed, They love her. they do not run from her, they follow her, lay by her, she can do anything to them and they take it. Im just saying that maybe your cat will adjust to your baby? Who knows though, I dont knwo your cat. Good luck though in finding her/him a home. :)

Dragonfly
11-29-2009, 03:16 PM
True my cats were the same way HATED kids but they came around. Its all in how well you know her. If you think she will come around then keep her but if you truly feel she is a danger then, as I said Im keeping my eyes open

elmo
01-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Do you have a picture of her?

lk_wicked
01-26-2010, 02:53 AM
my cat doesnt like anyone, but tolerates us who live in the home. lol She is lovable and adorable. She is about 5 years old. I had to get her declawed because she does get aggressive and stalks guests in the house. wE EVEN POSTED A DO NOT PET CAT sign on the door, because she is such a @itch. but we love her and if shes good, I let her stay out, if she is bad, we just stick her in our bedroom until the company is gone.
I would hate to have to give her up, because she would probably get put to sleep. She panics and is afraid or wary of strangers, and i dont trust her around my grandchildren. I don't know if her aggression is fear, like a flight or fright issue. I wonder if Cesear would consider being a cat whisperer, since he is so great with dogs, lol