PDA

View Full Version : Winter Tires ...

Scoff
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Did you put your snow tires on yet? It's shocking to see how few people seem to have done it in this town.

It's already getting a little old with some people doing 20-30 km because you haven't put any winter tires on and your vehicle is all over the road. Hopeless spinning at traffic lights because you have no traction. Rounding curves at 10-15 km or otherwise you'll end up in a ditch.

Spend a few dollars and make yourself and everyone around you a little safer this winter.

BUY WINTER TIRES/WHEELS!
- I wish they'd make it mandatory like in Quebec.

Total Tire: ~$800 and you can get a solid quad of Hercules Winter tires and winter rims for those who don't like to wreck their wheels. Working absolutely wonderful for me right now, traction galore and I'm not getting stuck anywhere.

Do you have your winter rims/tires on?

Peety
12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
I have **** Cepek mud country. Love them.,

Coach
12-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Well..people I believe people still really like "all season radials" They are o.k...but I personally just purchased 2 new all terrain "AT" tires for my truck which is not a 4x4. They have a more agressive tire pattern and work great....I am very happy with them

IMHO
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Not everyone can afford snow tires.

Insanity
12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I'll enjoy speeding down Carmen's Way with my bald all summer tires, drifting away.

velle
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Did you put your snow tires on yet? It's shocking to see how few people seem to have done it in this town.

It's already getting a little old with some people doing 20-30 km because you haven't put any winter tires on and your vehicle is all over the road. Hopeless spinning at traffic lights because you have no traction. Rounding curves at 10-15 km or otherwise you'll end up in a ditch.

Spend a few dollars and make yourself and everyone around you a little safer this winter.

BUY WINTER TIRES/WHEELS!

Total Tire: ~$800 and you can get a solid quad of Hercules Winter tires and winter rims for those who don't like to wreck their wheels. Working absolutely wonderful for me right now, traction galore and I'm not getting stuck anywhere.

How can you possibly tell what kind of tires people have on their vehicle??

Peety
12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Not everyone can afford snow tires.

If you can't you should walk.

Andre
12-11-2009, 03:04 PM
My old man drove for nearly 60 years without 4 wheel drive or snow tires and I've been driving nearly 30 years without'em.
No reason to start now

/never been in an accident or stuck

Peety
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
My old man drove for nearly 60 years without 4 wheel drive or snow tires and I've been driving nearly 30 years without'em.
No reason to start now

/never been in an accident or stuck

I guess if your in town and don't have far to drive it ok..
I want to be safe on the hwy..snow tires for me is a must have.

b&aMom
12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I drove for years, from Goulais in to work and back, on all seasons with no accidents. If you have the space to store 4 or 8 (in my case) tires year round, more power to you. I don't.

Giggle Squirt
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
what really drives me mental is the people who spend the 800$ on new snow tires drive them bald all summer and then expect them to work the next winter. Snow tires are a much softer compund so they dont turn into ice donuts during the winter like most all season tires do. and the tread melts off them during the summer when your drive in 70 degree weather.

verotik66
12-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I put hankook's on my wifes tuscon and it is a huge difference, was about 400 bucks at discount tire in traverse city.

kodak57
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM
put studded winter tires on my 2wd truck...........love them this is the first 2wd truck for me in years and the studs are great,stopping,starting,id say prolly 80% as good as my 4x4 was.juar have to listen to the tick tick on the dry pavement.

A*lil*Loopy
12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
We had ours done yesterday. Had them in the garage but didn't have the right lugs to put them on. Had to work the appointment for them around work, etc.
I have to have them on since we drive for over an hour morning and night and don't have to option of not going home. We've had all season tires for years but decided that it was best to spend the money and invest in our safety.

axalon2003
12-12-2009, 12:54 AM
We don't have ours on yet. We've been trying to get in for it, but there have been rather long lineups ahead of us when we've gone. It's a pain trying to work it in with us working so much right now. Hopefully by the end of next week we'll have them done.

12-12-2009, 12:59 AM
My wife's Jetta is 195/65 R15 and they are $681.90 taxes in for tires and rims at total. My truck on the other hand, my armour tires are about $350 a piece!

Macs II
12-12-2009, 01:03 AM
My wife's Jetta is 195/65 R15 and they are $681.90 taxes in for tires and rims at total. My truck on the other hand, my armour tires are about $350 a piece!

no wonder SHAW prices are going up

Tutones
12-12-2009, 01:52 AM

BUY WINTER TIRES/WHEELS!

Winter tires don't make you accident proof. Good driving habits and common sense do.

_daynzy
12-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Winter tires don't make you accident proof. Good driving habits and common sense do.

Neither do brakes, but they sure help. :D

soosucks
12-12-2009, 11:15 AM
lol winter tires....

i put my winter tires on my bike... they are studded!!!

Barnzz
12-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I put new winter tires on my truck 2 weeks ago. I personally find a big difference so far, from all season to winter tires. I was not going to get studs but decided why not. It might add extra safety when I hit ice.

Evangeline
12-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I DO have winter tires on my car and I still have been driving like an old person with the weather we have been having, the roads are awful and I'm not in a big hurry and could care less about what kind of hurry the jack @ss behind me is in, not worth going 60 when there could be glare ice under the snow and getting in an accident at 8 months pregnant, or sliding into someone rounding a corner just because I think I have something to prove.

Also it seems that a lot of pedestrians have a death wish in this city, yes you may legally be able to walk, but that doesn't mean the car coming up to the stop sign won't slide and hit you! It's like they want to get hit, or think that their right of way gives them some sort of legal protective bubble! and popping out in the middle of the street to cross, baad time to not have the time to make it to a crosswalk! Morons!