PDA

View Full Version : BUY fancy Guppies

noved
12-14-2009, 03:11 AM
I'm looking for some fancy guppies for an all guppy tank. Both male and female. The bigger the tail fins the better.

noved
12-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Still looking.

noved
12-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Bump'n it

kattty
12-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Did you try Animalia/Pennys or Foremost on second line? I get all my stock from the 3..Mainly animalia and foremost...I dont get that particular type of fish as I have semi-aggressive..but they always have a good selection.

noved
12-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Did you try Animalia/Pennys or Foremost on second line? I get all my stock from the 3..Mainly animalia and foremost...I dont get that particular type of fish as I have semi-aggressive..but they always have a good selection.

yes I did. Animalia does not have any (he said he would order me some though), penny's hasn't had any for months, foremost did have some, but not the the fancy guppies and the churchhill plaza had some but the are in terrible shape... most are on their death bed.
Apparently there is a problem with guppies adjusting to the water up here. They arrive in good shape but most slowly die within the first couple of weeks. At least thats what I was told at one of the pet stores.

Hans
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Try adding some salt to the water. I would say about 1 spoon per 5 gallons or so.

noved
12-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Try adding some salt to the water. I would say about 1 spoon per 5 gallons or so.

Thanks for the advise. I've heard that before but have yet to try it actually. I'll be sure to take it into consideration should I find some nice fancy guppies.

Hans
12-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Just remember it's not regular salt, but aquarium salt. You get it in a pet store.