PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a good idea..?

-Ziggurat-
12-15-2009, 02:11 PM
A friend and I were thinking of starting a part-time business of hot tub rentals. We're not sure if the idea would fly here in the Soo, or if there is any other competition in the city.

Would you ever see yourself renting a hottub?
What would be an adequate price for the rental (per an amount of time)?

We were thinking of using a portable hottub and offering it for $65 per night (not lasting more than 6 hours) with a $200 refundable deposit (just in case something goes wrong) and an extra $20 for deliver (or pickup is available).

Please offer your oppinions! :) Thanks!

Also, please excuse me if this is in the wrong topic, I figured hot tubs were outdoorsy =P

MaO3
12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
There was a place called Toms Hot tub's that used to do exactly that. Don't know if they still exist or not, but when they were around we got together and rented one for Easter weekend.

Andre
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
My neighbours rented hot tubs occasionally last winter. They were the portable soft tubs, but I can't remember from were though.
I can't see the 6 hour thing flying though. It would have to be for 24 hours or by the week

Sweet Little Sister
12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
i wouldn't pay $285 for 6 hours! even with getting my $200 back..gotta have it for a whole day or weekend

Evil Monkey
12-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Hearth Pool and Patio as well as the window place on John and also Tom's all rent hot tubs already in town.

-Ziggurat-
12-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Alright! Thanks everyone for your input!

We've just been looking around to start up a part-time business with a low startup cost to help with University funding. If you happen to have any feasible ideas, don't hesitate to toss them our way! Anything that is needed here in the Sault.. or something that is too expensive and needs competition to lower the price.