PDA

View Full Version : Computer not booting into windows

italiandomino
12-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Ok here is the background, Aggys computer was working fine, and the Smart Meter folks came over, turned the power off in the home, and not it will not boot into windows .. or go into safe mode, it will go to the Windows logo screen and then go out, comes up as no signal, and then back to the begining again from start up.

Any suggestions ?

Hans
12-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Disable automatic restart and use safe mode again.
It should give you the BSOD with the information on it.

Upper Decker
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
newer computer or older one?

Im thinking the BIOS might have cleared itself with the sudden power outage and the drive mode was either AHCI or IDE mode and defaults were different then what uyour old setup was and its not set right so it crashes once drivers are loaded.

italiandomino
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
lets talk english and how do you fix it lol

i may work in a call center .. but i am not that much of a techy person .. someone PM me some info .. but what are you two talking about lol

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Ok here is the background, Aggys computer was working fine, and the Smart Meter folks came over, turned the power off in the home, and not it will not boot into windows .. or go into safe mode, it will go to the Windows logo screen and then go out, comes up as no signal, and then back to the begining again from start up.

Any suggestions ?

Ya, call the PUC, seriously....

italiandomino
12-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Anyone want to come for a visit to take a look at it, I am not very good at all with BIOS stuff

Hans
12-22-2009, 08:10 PM
ok then, lol

Boot up computer and keep toggling F8 key until a black screen with white letters appears.

From that menu, choose the options in the following order. Some of these options might not be present, as they are windows version dependent :

Safe mode
Last Known Good Configuration

Ensure that BEFORE you select any of the above, you go to the option "disable automatic restart on system failure"

Now if all goes well it will boot up and then crash into a BSOD, or blue screen of death.
Write down what it says on that screen and post it here.

If you have access to another operating system on that computer, or a boot disk containing a command based operating system, you can also select "enable boot logging"
It will show you what it's loading on the screen and write it down to a file called boot.txt
The last lines of that file will give you an indication of what it was loading just before it crashed.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

Scoff
12-24-2009, 11:52 AM
lets talk english and how do you fix it lol

i may work in a call center .. but i am not that much of a techy person .. someone PM me some info .. but what are you two talking about lol

Call Centers have made a complete mockery of "IT Professionals" & the IT industry.

What's the pre-req to work in a call center? Last I seen it was "basic knowledge of windows".

That's the problem ... no-minds doing IT jobs.

/rant off

italiandomino
12-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Call Centers have made a complete mockery of "IT Professionals" & the IT industry.

What's the pre-req to work in a call center? Last I seen it was "basic knowledge of windows".

That's the problem ... no-minds doing IT jobs.

/rant off

you havnt got laid in awhile have you ?

mboy67
12-27-2009, 12:08 PM
if you still need it looked at let me know.