PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day @ Future Shop

Ramage2005
12-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Great deals tomorrow (on the 27th) at future shop on cell phones.
Get a new Koodo phone, save up to $50 off the price of the phone AND get a $125 gift card!!!!

They will also have the Bell Palm Pre for $0 with a $75 gift card! (among others)

Go see Shawna at Future Shop tomorrow, she rocks! (and she's my wife)

GRUMPY
12-26-2009, 11:02 PM
drove by about a half an hour ago and there were some people there waiting already. Way to noisy in there for me so I'll just shop over the web, don't mind it if they are showing something to a customer but to go in and have different things all blaring different stuff ain't my idea of a good thing.

Giggle Squirt
12-26-2009, 11:14 PM
There is nothing at future shop that i want bad enough to stand out side all night long. If it is their when I go in then I will get it if not then oh well.

DodgeBoy
12-26-2009, 11:25 PM
There is nothing at future shop that i want bad enough to stand out side all night long. If it is their when I go in then I will get it if not then oh well.

There is nothing I want bad enough in there ever, every time I go in to make a purchase, and it is usually not cheap, I have a sales rep come over talk to me, I ask questions about the product, and they walk away and ignore me. I bought an external hard drive with network built in, the expert there that claimed he knew all that there was to know about external drives told me that they did not have any and they do not make any, I then reached around him and grapped one off the shelf. What a joke.

Giggle Squirt
12-26-2009, 11:31 PM
I have only ever made 2 purchases at future shop. A tv and a laptop. I want a camera that they have on sale. It is my christmas present. If they don't have it when I go in then I will wait until I find another slr package on sale that I like. So if I have to wait till june to get my christmas present then I guess I will just have to wait... unless a fellow soonetter would be willing to stand in line for me. I will bring you a coffee :)

GRUMPY
12-26-2009, 11:40 PM
There is nothing I want bad enough in there ever, every time I go in to make a purchase, and it is usually not cheap, I have a sales rep come over talk to me, I ask questions about the product, and they walk away and ignore me. I bought an external hard drive with network built in, the expert there that claimed he knew all that there was to know about external drives told me that they did not have any and they do not make any, I then reached around him and grapped one off the shelf. What a joke.

Rule #1 for there is to never ask a question pertaining to the merchandise if you want an honest answer. They either don't know or will either ignore the question or just outright lie.

DodgeBoy
12-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Rule #1 for there is to never ask a question pertaining to the merchandise if you want an honest answer. They either don't know or will either ignore the question or just outright lie.

Funny, I have received service in all of the above forms. I went with my better half to purchase a laptop, and at the time I was in the market for an AMD preocessor. the salesman tried to sell me on every option, and tried to talk me out of an AMD. He inquired as to why I was so stuck on an AMD chipset, and I told him that for what I was doing the AMD tested better in mathematical algorithms... needless to say he was lost and let me form my own opinion. I generally do not like people, but I really hate people that think they are better and enjoy making them feel stupid, as they do to their customers. Its like my little goal when I meat an ego driven salesperson. lol

Xzavia
12-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Quick question pertaining to Future Shop...if you bought something last week and it's now on sale in their Boxing Day Sale will they give you the difference???

Anyone know offhand?

GRUMPY
12-27-2009, 12:59 AM
no idea, it may be just as easy to buy one on sale then return the other one for a refund.

tippikitty
12-27-2009, 09:09 AM
If that was the case then just return it and turn around and buy the other. If you return something they have to take it back.

V Code
12-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Quick question pertaining to Future Shop...if you bought something last week and it's now on sale in their Boxing Day Sale will they give you the difference???

Anyone know offhand?

no, there is no price matching for the boxing day sale.

Soonet-china
12-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Some ppl need a life, who cares about the sales, material items, yes, i can afford these things. People have a sick obsession about shopping!

IMHO
12-27-2009, 09:52 AM
If you threaten to return it and buy again...they might just want to save all the paper work. try it.
In regards to getting good service or not....I have always found no problems because I am a nice person to them FIRST. IF you go in with attitude, then expect attitude back. Do munto others old rule really applies.

MissMuffett
12-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I waited in line this morning for future shop @ 5am. I was able to get a laptop for my hubby for 299. They only had 12 in stock. There had to b 300-400 people lined up this morning. The line wrapped around the front of the building all the way to the back of the store. I guess I'm one of those people that will do about anything to save a few bucks. Lol.

italiandomino
12-27-2009, 11:14 AM
ANyone know how much the Linksys N giga routers were ?

Peety
12-27-2009, 12:22 PM
I waited in line this morning for future shop @ 5am. I was able to get a laptop for my hubby for 299. They only had 12 in stock. There had to b 300-400 people lined up this morning. The line wrapped around the front of the building all the way to the back of the store. I guess I'm one of those people that will do about anything to save a few bucks. Lol.

You must really love him!

verotik66
12-27-2009, 02:46 PM
tv's are cheaper on their website anyways, and even cheaper on bestbuy

Super Gram
12-27-2009, 04:33 PM
I have only ever made 2 purchases at future shop. A tv and a laptop. I want a camera that they have on sale. It is my christmas present. If they don't have it when I go in then I will wait until I find another slr package on sale that I like. So if I have to wait till june to get my christmas present then I guess I will just have to wait... unless a fellow soonetter would be willing to stand in line for me. I will bring you a coffee :)

If you know what camera you want go to Future Shop online. Free shipping on a camera.

Krysta
12-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I ordered the xbox 360 elite with 2 games for 240.00 from their website.

(Best buys website)

12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Grumpy's right, buy the new one at the sale price and return the old one. If you tell them you are doing that, they will just refund the difference. I bought a fireplace at Canadian tire, I was on day 15 of their 14 day refund when the sale hit and they would not refund. So, I said ok.. i'll take advantage of the 30 days return, and buy it again at the sale price.

Nice lady Debbie said, just come in with your receipt and will refund the difference :) It was $100 difference. $10-$20 i would've just left it be..

Ultra54
12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
It is shameful how poor there sales staff is and how blatant they are about twisting the truth. I don't mind going there but I ward off their sales staff like they are vampires. The sales flyer is always the same especially the iPod stuff. Big boxing day sale - 3 dollars off an 8 gig iPod...lol.

GRUMPY
12-28-2009, 09:53 AM
It has reached the point for me that I will only ask them where something is that I am looking for and if they start their crap trying to sell me something I'll just ask them to go away.

HDV
12-28-2009, 11:07 AM
ANyone know how much the Linksys N giga routers were ?

I just bought one from Future shop and they were 69.99. This was on Dec. 14th
Walmart has the same ones for 67.99. I bought mine from future shop before I saw them at Walmart. Big deal though, its only 3 bucks. But I guess FS said if they are cheaper they will reduce it to the cheaper price plus take a extra 10 percent off. i did not go back to do a price change it was only maybe 10 bucks cheaper. Not a huge deal.

dancingqueen
12-28-2009, 11:38 AM
It has reached the point for me that I will only ask them where something is that I am looking for and if they start their crap trying to sell me something I'll just ask them to go away.

same here... only, I just humor them when they go on their crap. They are just doing their job, and I'm never in that much of a rush... If I am, they can usually tell cause I'm running in, paying and running out :) (Also I just can't tell people to go away :( I'm a giant wuss)

BrAt
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Walmart has the same ones for 67.99. I bought mine from future shop before I saw them at Walmart. Big deal though, its only 3 bucks. But I guess FS said if they are cheaper they will reduce it to the cheaper price plus take a extra 10 percent off. i did not go back to do a price change it was only maybe 10 bucks cheaper. Not a huge deal.

It's actually only 10% of the difference (which was $2.00) unless they changed that now.

HDV
12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
It's actually only 10% of the difference (which was $2.00) unless they changed that now.

yup your right, with the 2 bucks off and then the 3 bucks off it was 5 bucks difference. not that big a deal

Evil Monkey
12-28-2009, 03:07 PM

So in total you would get a refunded difference of $2.20!

BrAt
12-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Yep, that's about right. lol

Evil Monkey
12-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep, that's about right. lol

Grade 3 math I am sure.....lol:tongue:. i just had to quote your post for various reasons so please do not take any offence to me quoting you!

Evil Monkey
12-28-2009, 09:58 PM
yup your right, with the 2 bucks off and then the 3 bucks off it was 5 bucks difference. not that big a deal

Yeah for the $2.20 you would spend more in gas driving there.

italiandomino
12-28-2009, 10:50 PM

the one i wanted was 99.99 at FS

you were probably looking at the Linksys N router .. i want the Giga one

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2009, 11:00 PM
the one i wanted was 99.99 at FS

you were probably looking at the Linksys N router .. i want the Giga one

We didnt ask you