PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and computer parts.

Giggle Squirt
12-29-2009, 04:52 PM
I have a toshiba A210 which is 2 months out of warranty and needs a new motherboard. I have never ever shopped for computer parts before and was informed by toshiba that microage is the only place in this city which does toshiba repairs? I was thinking ebay to get a new motherboard and then have a place put it in. What should I look for and is their any other places to shop for a mother board for my laptop? I own two other toshibas that have never given me a problem. Can I take the mother board out of my toshiba M70 and put in the A210? I am so lost.

Barry Morris
12-29-2009, 04:57 PM
I bought a Toshba laptop with a broken screen and no harddrive from Ebay. My own unit had a bad motherboard. I just put my screen into the "new" one and my own hard drive.

Maybe a thought, and, of course, you end up with more spare parts!!

Shipping 40 bucks. laptop 99 cents!!!!

Giggle Squirt
12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I am so useless when it comes to fixing computers.

Super Gram
12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Micro age fixes most computers. When I had my first Presario and the HD was going on it. Thats where I took it. Of course I have had 2 comp since then. Both Acers

Scoff
12-30-2009, 09:38 AM
If you HAVE to bring your computer in somewhere to get it fixed I would suggest Clockwork Computers. They are the only ones I let touch my machines and I only drop them off if I don't have time (or patience) to resolve any hardware issue going on. I would never drop it off (nor would I have to) for a software issue.

Clockwork is really good at pricing too, if they have an old MB in the back that will work in your machine you may get it next to nothing like my dad did when he needed an old piece of hardware replaced.

In 10 years not once has Microage impressed me, they have in fact disappointed me on 3 or 4 occassions. Since it's out of warranty you'll have to pay anyway, so it doesn't have to be Microage. In fact, at one point their "expert" called me to discuss some things and I was blown away by how little he knew about basic computing concepts.

Yes, Clockwork ... if it's still the same employees as 2 years ago. :p It's been that long.

Giggle Squirt
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I did bring it to clockwork I bring all my stuff to clock work. Clockwork told me that my mother board was toast and that because it was new to try to call toshiba I called toshiba and because they told me it was 2 months out of warranty I needed to take it to microage because they are the toshiba repair shop. Well Microage has not caleed me back in 3 days and I NEED this laptop fixed. I have a bunch of documents I have on that computer. I am trying to find a new mother board but since I have no idea what I am looking for I am cluless weather or not I should get one off ebay or another computer site. or what is a fair price for a motherboard.