PDA

View Full Version : Buttermilk Ski Hill

mommyc
12-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Took my kids the other day and they had a great time. I enjoyed myself too. The price can't be beaten. Ten bucks for the lift ticket. This is going on through the holiday season. That is so affordable. The food there is also great and quite reasonably priced. The staff are wonderful. My youngest is not at all experienced in skiing and they took the time to help her out. She is now a ski fanatic. I would recommend everyone try this place if you haven't already.

Giggle Squirt
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Do they have tubing there and do you have to pay for lessons? I have never been on downhill ski's in my life and I am sure I would turn into a snowball. I can snowboard but I can't ski. I dunno. Just like I can roller blade but can't ice skate..

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Do they have tubing there and do you have to pay for lessons?

GIGGLE!?? ARE YOU IN THERE!!???

You REALLY require lessons to get on a tube and roar headlong down a hill. Rely on gravity as your instructor, you will never be wrong.

mommyc
12-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I didn't see any tubing. As for ski lessons, they do have them and I can't tell you the prices. They have a website though. A lot of kids were snowboarding, that's not something I can do. There is also a halfpipe that the kids use.

Giggle Squirt
12-30-2009, 01:07 PM

You REALLY require lessons to get on a tube and roar headlong down a hill. Rely on gravity as your instructor, you will never be wrong

You have no idea I am the type of person who would need lessons on tubing. I am still brain damaged so my typing is not what it use to be. What I meant to say was a) do they have tubing and b) do they give ski lessons.

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM

You REALLY require lessons to get on a tube and roar headlong down a hill. Rely on gravity as your instructor, you will never be wrong

You have no idea I am the type of person who would need lessons on tubing. I am still brain damaged so my typing is not what it use to be. What I meant to say was a) do they have tubing and b) do they give ski lessons.

I know, just poking you in the ribs for fun.

NewCasa
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Wow. At first I didn't see Anapegs' original 'Giggle? Are you in there?' till after I read giggle's response.

I was beginning to wonder.

Buttermilk is awsome fun. My place is just down the road - we went there for some corrected coffees on Sunday, made by the beautiful Aussie bartender downstairs. She had no idea how to make the drinks, but it was my pleasure to explain, frequently saying things like 'That's ok, take your time - I'll just watch, to make sure you get it right....' I believe she's also a ski instructor there.

Snowboarding is the big thing there - that and those little trick skis, but they do have conventional skis though I think it must be BYOT (bring your own tube).

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Tubing is AWSOME! Even old folks can enjoy that one.

Giggle Squirt
12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
oh wow it has been 3 years since i have been on a hill i should venture out.

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
oh wow it has been 3 years since i have been on a hill i should venture out.

There used to be tubes available at Searchmont. BLAST-A-MUNDO! :tongue:

NewCasa
12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
There used to be tubes available at Searchmont. BLAST-A-MUNDO! :tongue:

Yeah that really was fun. I used to take the kids but they got sick of it before I did. As for Buttermilk I doubt they'd allow tubes but if you've got one there's a pretty neat hill just down the road I can show you - almost as high as Buttermilk, but no lift.

Fyre
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Lmao I was just informed by the Canadian Fyre that if anyone takes me tubing and I get hurt, they have to pay for my medical bills. What time you guys picking me up?

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Lmao I was just informed by the Canadian Fyre that if anyone takes me tubing and I get hurt, they have to pay for my medical bills. What time you guys picking me up?

NDP can set bones and I'm sure NC has bandages and barring that we can get a rifle.

Fyre
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
NDP can set bones and I'm sure NC has bandages and barring that we can get a rifle.

Ooo, we're all set then! Wait, we're shooting the worried one, right?

IMHO
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Tubing has replaced condoms?

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Tubing has replaced condoms?

Yup. Bend it and point it out. Instead of cumming you go.

MaO3
12-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Yup. Bend it and point it out. Instead of cumming you go.

OK Anapeg, thats twice today you've made me laugh out loud.
You my friend are a funny guy! :teeth:

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
OK Anapeg, thats twice today you've made me laugh out loud.
You my friend are a funny guy! :teeth:

That makes my day, thank you.

Lance1
12-30-2009, 06:02 PM
The foods good there also.

NewCasa
12-30-2009, 09:09 PM
The foods good there also.

After Anapegs' comment you make a comment like this? Wow - I sure hope there was nothing Freudian going on there.

Sorry Anapeg - I don't bandage, but I do have a new 12 guage I'd like to try out....

Anapeg
12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't bandage, but I do have a new 12 guage I'd like to try out....

FYRE,...............Oh FYRE, where for art thou Fyre?