PDA

View Full Version : Poor poor guy

GRUMPY
12-31-2009, 10:53 AM
NEW YORK AT&T Inc. said Thursday it would no longer sponsor Tiger Woods, joining Accenture and Gillette in dropping support for the golfer after numerous allegations of infidelities.

The phone company hasn't used Woods' image extensively in advertising, but its logo appeared on his golf bag, and he was the host of the AT&T National PGA event. The phone company said it would continue to sponsor the event, which will be held in Bethesda, Md., in July.

AT&T did not comment on its reasons for dropping Woods, or how much the contract was worth. Woods has taken an indefinite leave from playing.

Consulting firm Accenture dropped the athlete two weeks ago, saying he was "no longer the right representative" of the company's values. Gillette, a unit of the Procter & Gamble Co., said that it won't air ads that feature Woods promoting its razors or include him in public appearances.

Swiss watch maker Tag Heuer, a unit of luxury goods empire LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, said Friday that it will "downscale" its use of golfer Tiger Woods' image in its advertising campaigns for the foreseeable future.

TheManInBlack
12-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah dropping him cause he won't be playing golf this year. I hope he screws these guys when he comes back and they are begging him to come back

Barry Morris
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
NEW YORK AT&T Inc. said Thursday it would no longer sponsor Tiger Woods, joining Accenture and Gillette in dropping support for the golfer after numerous allegations of infidelities.

The phone company hasn't used Woods' image extensively in advertising, but its logo appeared on his golf bag, and he was the host of the AT&T National PGA event. The phone company said it would continue to sponsor the event, which will be held in Bethesda, Md., in July.

AT&T did not comment on its reasons for dropping Woods, or how much the contract was worth. Woods has taken an indefinite leave from playing.

Consulting firm Accenture dropped the athlete two weeks ago, saying he was "no longer the right representative" of the company's values. Gillette, a unit of the Procter & Gamble Co., said that it won't air ads that feature Woods promoting its razors or include him in public appearances.

Swiss watch maker Tag Heuer, a unit of luxury goods empire LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, said Friday that it will "downscale" its use of golfer Tiger Woods' image in its advertising campaigns for the foreseeable future.

An american company "preaching" morality is frikkin' hilarious!!!!

R W G R
12-31-2009, 10:58 AM
An american company "preaching" morality is frikkin' hilarious!!!!

No kidding...let's get these guys to do the preachin'!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/729147--canadian-mining-firms-face-abuse-allegations?bn=1

;)

GRUMPY
12-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Everybody wants to dump on poor Tiger just because he showed questionable taste in ball washers.

TheManInBlack
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Everybody wants to dump on poor Tiger just because he showed questionable taste in ball washers.

I laugh too cause every keeps saying he was putting forth an image of squeeky clean. He has never said any of that, this is just what the media has put forth and the public assumed

Konig-OV
12-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Plain and simple, these companies hire the physical image of Tiger Woods. The image is now lost and so is the contracts. They did not sponsor him because of his home life or his personality.

TheManInBlack
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM
yup but they will be the first one looking for him again when he decides to tee off again

Konig-OV
12-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeup. If they can't have him as a sponsor, they will publically announce that they are removing him, just to get that last little spotlight on their product.

TheManInBlack
12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
yup. he's gonna be just fine with his big ole pile of money and a house full of beautiful women

GRUMPY
12-31-2009, 11:17 AM
it may take some time for his sponsors come back, it will depend on how long the paying public stays made at him. they don't care if he did it to a goat only in the fact that he got caught and it was starting to hurt their bottom line.

Chester Field
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I think the "indefinite leave" probably influenced their decision as much as anything. I think Konig also hit it right with that last little bit of the spotlight remark too.

Tutones
12-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Plain and simple, these companies hire the physical image of Tiger Woods. The image is now lost and so is the contracts. They did not sponsor him because of his home life or his personality.

Of course they did. Sponsors choose athletes that have the cleanest public image to endorse their products. Otherwise, it would appear that the company endorses the questionable personal values of their spokesperson.

Chester Field
12-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Do most people even really care?

Tiger's two word defense: "Bill Clinton"

Konig-OV
12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Of course they did. Sponsors choose athletes that have the cleanest public image to endorse their products. Otherwise, it would appear that the company endorses the questionable personal values of their spokesperson.

Tiger Woods is 'pretty'. How long before you see Alexander Ovechkin, and his toothless smiler endorsing anything? This is a stand-up man (Outside of hockey), that does a lot for his hometown. He used to fly his family in just to watch the games. He donates a lot of time, money and energy into local charities, both in DC and back home. He is a fun loving, care-free guy. Sadly, none of this is televised, but if he were to make a mistake then watch out!!

12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Ahh, i don't really care what people do in their spare time. He's a good golfer and will always be a good golfer.

Truthfully, who buys products because of who's on the box?

Andre
12-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Tiger's wife didn't leave him because he fools around, it was because he didn't share.

/sharing is important

Timbit
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
lol @ Andre.......

:thumbs_up:

gouligann
12-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Ahh, i don't really care what people do in their spare time. He's a good golfer and will always be a good golfer.

How true! Anyways, he's got enough money to last him a lifetime and then some if he never golfs on the professional level again.

Peety
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM

I don't. If it is yummy. I buy it

12-31-2009, 04:19 PM
There ya go. Perhaps this is a valid reason to exit an existing contract for endorsement? Perhaps the companies seen this as a way out. Paying millions for a product that hasn't sold more because of Tiger endorsing it?

GRUMPY
01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I could see where somebody might be tempted to buy something relating to golf if Tiger was endorsing it but I can't for all the other stuff such as watches and what have you.

Lance1
01-02-2010, 10:56 AM
A few months ago Tiger broke the billion dollar net worth mark, even if his wife gets half he will scrap by on 500 million, "Sponsors? I don.t need no stinking sponsors" is more like it.

GRUMPY
01-02-2010, 10:58 AM
it would be interesting to see how much of the money he actually got to bring home and how much went into costs. either way it would be a nice bank account.

TheManInBlack
01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
A few months ago Tiger broke the billion dollar net worth mark, even if his wife gets half he will scrap by on 500 million, "Sponsors? I don.t need no stinking sponsors" is more like it.

Nope they had a prenup, she's getting alot less than people think. She was trying to renegotiate just after this broke in the news

GRUMPY
01-02-2010, 11:04 AM
They had a prenuptial but who knows what was in it, so my guess is that it all might come down to what the judge decides.

TheManInBlack
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
they were saying on the news that its good for him they dont live in california cause its an automatic 50-50 split but florida has different laws. They also said she bought a house 6 months ago in her home country in her name only and his doesnt appear. So maybe the split was in the works already

Peety
01-02-2010, 11:14 AM
they were saying on the news that its good for him they dont live in california cause its an automatic 50-50 split but florida has different laws. They also said she bought a house 6 months ago in her home country in her name only and his doesnt appear. So maybe the split was in the works already

Lucky gal! Good Bye to the horndog..

dancingqueen
01-02-2010, 11:15 AM
everyone should have a horndog...

TheManInBlack
01-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I like corndogs, with mustard

dancingqueen
01-02-2010, 11:28 AM
I like horndogs with.... erm... wrong board.....

Barry Morris
01-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I like horndogs with.... erm... wrong board.....

They got a BOARD for that???

dancingqueen
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
.....and paddles :omg:

mboy67
01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
They got a BOARD for that???

they have boards for any subject that can be imagined.

Andre
01-02-2010, 12:09 PM
they have boards for any subject that can be imagined.

That would be Rule 34