PDA

View Full Version : Reception Halls/Places & Caterers

GoldDogs
01-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I need opinions of places for a wedding in the Sault or surrounding area. For the hall, any recommendations, price ranges (if you know) and how the hall staff assist and treat you, and for caterers I need to know how the food was, how much food per plate (roughly) and the actual service quality.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Add
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
PM me your email and I'll forward some of the info i've been given last month by some of the local halls

Cher
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I was married over 10 years ago, but the staff at the Water Tower Inn were good, food was good, and prices were comparable at the time...
I have heard recently the Bushplane Museum hosts very nice weddings, although an outside caterer is used...
Most recent wedding I went to was at the Marconi, food and service was good.. it pays to shop around though!!!

GoldDogs
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I know all the businesses say they are good and hear good and bad things about them from just people in general. But I really want specifics. Like, what made it good - or what made it bad? I am kind of on a tight budget so cheaper is better... but I also don't want to fall into the negative "you got what you paid for" thing either.

Thanks everyone!

Add
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.windsorpark.biz/abouttheballroom.html

GoldDogs
01-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I didn't expect to get so many responses so quickly! Thank you everyone and keep them coming! I love all of the information I'm getting! :)

KDawg
01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
If the hall you end up booking allows outside caterers, try Taste of Scandia on Queen Street.

It's not your regular fare, it's not cheap, but you will be impressed.

Puppy Lover
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I got married in 2008, reception was at the Croatian Hall. The food was excellent. It is a nice size hall. We had 125 people and there was plenty of room. They say that the hall holds 300 +, however, I think that a maximum of 200-225 would make it most comfortable. I think the meals ranged from $16.95 and up per plate. We went middle of the road (about $25.00 per plate) but had perogies, cabbage rolls, chicken, roast potatoes, veggies, etc. I would highly recommend them if you are having a smaller wedding. I don't know if you want information about flowers, but I found that Ball Florist on Great Northern Road was well within reason, the flowers were breathtaking and she was very obliging. As for photography, Lynn Bueller at Northern Lens Photography, HANDS DOWN, did an amazing job and well with reason as far as price is concerned. Hope that is helpful. Good Luck, it is so much fun to plan and we had a wonderful day. Hope you have the time of your life too !!

GoldDogs
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks Puppy for the info!!