PDA

View Full Version : Constipated Laptop

Bill Nash
01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
My laptop works slow and sometime freezes. I am not computer savvy, so I need someone to look at it and probably give it an overhaul. Any suggestions?

Hans
01-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Backing up all your files and doing a fresh restore will be the best option.

Other option would be a defrag and some cleanup, maybe uninstall programs you barely use and update the ones you do use.

More memory would also be an option.

Browster
01-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Check to see how dusty/dirty everything is inside. Doing a reinstall may seem to fix it but if the computer is really dirty/dusty inside could be the only problem...

Konig-OV
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Backing up all your files and doing a fresh restore will be the best option.

Other option would be a defrag and some cleanup, maybe uninstall programs you barely use and update the ones you do use.

More memory would also be an option.

Great suggestions. Although, I would try them in a different order. Defrag and cleaning up first, memory second, overhaul next.

Bluesky
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Note, the poster said he/she is not computer savvy, and wants someone to do it for him/her.

Hans
01-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I was just giving suggestion on what the person who does it should do.
I would not take it to certain places who perform "tune ups" and related services.

Bluesky
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Ahh, I see.
Well, that makes sense.

Bill Nash
01-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I do not have access to some areas of my laptop, which I think I should. I also have some programs running which I want to either stop or remove, but I don't know how. I would take it to someone if they had a good rep. I know Mboy67 is available, .... any comment you can PM me. Thanks.