PDA

View Full Version : endimitrosis? (gross, females only?)

Kittie
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm sure I have this. Almost positive.
I haven't had a steady period in almost.. 3 years. I've had 2 periods in that time. VERY VERY heavy. I get alot of pain in my ovaries and abdominaly. I get wicked cramps when I have a bowel movement, alot of lower back pains. I get constipated and get very dizzy sometimes. I tend to get this.. uneasy feeling. Vertigo feeling, almost. I had diareeah for 2 years straight, unexplained. Still very often, not as liquidy in the last year. No reasoning,went to the doctors 2 years ago due to bleeding in the bowels, told them about the diareeah.. Nothing happened. I also get alot of pain in my thighs, and in my legs. Not sure if that is related or not. I get this.. weird infection quite a bit. I've had it for about..3 weeks now. It's like a yeast infection, but no smell. SOMETIMES a .. milky smell. But, it's literally like wet toilet paper inside of me.. It's thick and pasty. Not a yeast infection though. It's rather disgusting but, I can literally scoop it out of me. Sorry for that, but. It's not like thin at all. Not liquidy, I scoop it out and then it leaves my finger very dried out. I think it's a chemical, too much acid being produced in my body, because I often get.. very red down there. Itchy and dry. But this .. infection, it dries out also, if I get it anywhere on anything else down there, it will dry out and its like.. dead skin. It's friggen weird.

Anyways, I'm sorry if there is too much detail.

I really hope this isn't endimitrosis.. I'm just 18. But, it does run in my family apparently, quite a bit.

Thanks for any help. I'm going to book an appointment with my doc asap.

Kittie
01-07-2010, 09:26 AM
19 views, and no one has feedback?

HDV
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
My wife can not post on here so im posting for her as she tells me what to right.. she has POS polycystic ovarian syndrome, she was diagnosed with this when she was 18. She was told she would never have children and well 11 years later we have our daughter. But anyways, she has very unregular periods, even more so now that she has had a baby. She will go 3-4 months with no period then have a period that lasts 6-8 weeks. Very very heavy bleeding, very large clots, when she stands up its like urinating the blood pours out. She spoke to her doctor about this and she said that when your body does not have its regular periods it all builds up inside and thats why it lasts so long. They usually do not worry about it unless your periods are missed for longer then 3 months. She also has bowel issues, she goes number 2 maybe 1-2 times a week, its very hard and sometimes like pellets, hard little pellets. I went go into further details about it but lets say sometimes it is hard to get it to come out.That only started wheb she was 6 months pregnant. Before that she was fine with bowel movements. She also has very bad leg pains when laying down, she lays on her side and after about 10-15 minutes her legs are achy and she has to roll to her back till the pain goes away. Her upper thighs are numb most of the time, she has no back pain though. She has no ******l infections like you described. Shes never has a yeast infection either. She also get s the dizzy feeling, light headed, hot flashes all the time, sweaty, ect...
But Im not doctor so I dont know what is causing your issues but im just telling you what her doctor said she had and all her symptoms, Although I personally think there is more to her health issues then just the pos but she is stubborn and will not seek medical attention. i think she is scared to find out bad news personally.
You need to see a doctor and find out what is happening with you.Even though she was diagnosed with this at 18 she never started to have any issues till the past 2-3 yrs. her period were unregular but only by a couple weeks or so not months like now.
But from what you described aside from the discharge and infections down below your symptoms sound like hers and she was told she had POS, you can look it up and read abut it and maybe it will help a bit.

Dragonfly
01-07-2010, 11:28 AM
A lot of it sounds like Endo. My mom has it and I was supposed to go and get surgery in November to see for sure but it got moved to the summer..I would specifically ask your doctor about it, make sure you tell him/her absolutely everything. The only way to be 100% positive is to have surgery done and scope put in to see. However, my doctor told me that the Mirena (SP?) IUD would help all the above symptoms quite a bit, my mother got one also and has felt amazing since.

The discharge and runny bowels is the only thing I have not experienced, but that does not mean it can't me involved. I have not been diagnosed yet but endo runs in the family as well. Does anyone have it in your family? Regardless write EVERYTHING down, when it hapens and how often. Do not leave anything out.

mags
01-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Only a Dr can diagnosis your problem, make an appointment. Could be endo

blueeyedgirl
01-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Make an appointment with your dr to find out what your issue is.
I was diagnosed with stage 4 endo when I was 17yrs old. All of the symptoms but the discharge and bowel issues sound like endo. The discharge sounds like an infection of some sort so I would really get that checked out.

Amaranth
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 18 after one baby, a nasty uterine infection and severe pain. Apparently it went into remission and I had for more babies after that. I had no pain, my periods were regular and I thought I was fine.

In May I was in the ER with pain. I had a CT scan, multiple kidney stones were found but that was apparently not the source of the pain. The doctor said I had an ovarian cyst which was odd. The pain continued on and off and in October I had another ultrasound and a transv aginal (OMG that's censored?) ultrasound (OMG, so uncomfortable). The lining of my endometrium was thick and I had to have another ultrasound five weeks later. My doctor said that he cannot actually diagnose endometriosis without me first having exploratory surgery (like they did when I was 18) but is fairly certain that is what it is.

My pain is in my sides and I have begun to miss periods. I have clots and heavy bleeding, then nothing after a few hours. The pain goes down my thighs and it is severe. I have some issues with my bowels (that was more severe of a symptom when I was 18 though).

Another reason that caused me to have irregular (and somewhat painful) periods for a couple of years was a severely low thyroid; Hashimoto's thyroiditis. So, I would have a pap, get some bloodwork done and an ultrasound. Particularly the internal ultrasound. It was so painful, believe me but I am glad I had it done because now I am closer to knowing what is wrong and I can have my laproscopic surgery when I have my next vacation in May.

kitty&mimi
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
kittie you need to go to the gyno