PDA

View Full Version : Old Mill Oatmeal Cookie Recipe Needed!

A*lil*Loopy
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes, I've tried finding it online with no luck. I want the one that is printed on the bag but I cannot find a bag to buy. I can only shop at night which limits my store selections so I don't know if they even still sell it. I know it's made by Robin Hood but their site has too many recipes for me to know which is which.

Could someone Please, Please and pretty please, list it here so that I can finally make some cookies. I've tried other recipes and there really are no substitutes at my house. Old Mill cookies are chewy and so good........I've been craving them for weeks.

I would even offer up a couple dozen farm fresh eggs in trade for it. You'd just have to meet me to pick them up.

mags
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it does use the Old Mill Oats. It's my second favourite oatmeal cookie recipe.
OATMEAL COOKIES

1 cup CRISCO Golden Shortening
1 cup, packed brown sugar
2, eggs
2 tbsp, water
3 cups, ROBIN HOOD or OLD MILL Quick Oats
1 cup, ROBIN HOOD All Purpose Flour
1 tsp, baking soda
1/2 tsp, salt
1 1/2 cups, raisins

Preparation

PREHEAT oven to 375F (190C).

CREAM shortening, sugar, eggs and water in a large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.

COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture on low speed mixing until blended.

STIR in raisins. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.

BAKE at 375F (190C) for 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden. Cool 5 minutes on sheet then remove to wire rack and cool completely.

TIPS

Replace raisins with your favourite chopped dried fruit.

Under bake for chewy cookies; bake a little longer for crisp ones.

if it is what you are looking for farm fresh eggs are the best

HDV
01-08-2010, 10:41 AM
im pretty sure mags is right here is a link right to it

http://www.robinhood.ca/recipe.details.asp?prcid=49&rid=2812

A*lil*Loopy
01-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok, since the two of you have managed to get the recipe (I'm really not sure if it's the one off the bag though) I'll come good for the eggs!

I'll pm both of you where you can pick them up. You have until 6 pm today or between 11 am and 6 pm tomorrow since I'm not around afterwards.

2 dozen farm fresh brown eggs coming your way. Thank you both!

mags
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I use regular shortening most often

A*lil*Loopy
01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I made them, they rock! Thanks so much for the recipe.

mags
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
welcome. it is a good recipe