PDA

View Full Version : Jugular Pain

BloodMoon
01-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey guys I've been getting a sharp pain in my right side jugular it lasts for a few minutes then goes away then it it won't happen again for another day or two. When this pain happens the vein pulsates fast in the area of the pain and from time to time I get dizzy. Right now as it's hurting it's causing a bit of an earache. Have any of you had something like this happen before? I really hate going down to emerge unless I absolutely have to and I'm not exactly sure what to think of this.

Luv'inLife
01-09-2010, 05:21 AM
I would get a check up for sure.

Amaranth
01-09-2010, 05:22 AM
Do you know if you have high cholesterol? My sister is an RN and she said if you have high cholesterol there can be plaque build up that can cause that. She said either way, jugular pain is serious.

BloodMoon
01-09-2010, 05:30 AM
It's been a couple years since my cholesterol was checked and it wasn't high at the time. Honestly i'd be surprised if it wasn't high now.

Fyre
01-09-2010, 07:56 AM
I have had something similar. I let it go for about a year, then finally decided to question my doctor about it on one of my visits. He asked me a ton of questions and came up with a diagnosis of Carotidynia. All of my symptoms made sense when I did my research about this. Here is a link with some information about the carotidynia for you if you are interested:

http://www.headache-adviser.com/carotidynia.html

I would however, suggest you see your doctor. As was mentioned, being seen by your Doctor (or A doctor if you don't have one) should definitely be a top priority.

mags
01-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Go see or call your Dr, go to 1 of the walk-in-clinics, or to the hospital. If you don't want to any of those things at least call tele-health.