PDA

View Full Version : can't get a break....

dancingqueen
01-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... had a cold for a couple of days... no biggie... deal with it, just fine, only thing lingering is a really sore throat, so I take some Benelyn... Sore throat goes away to be replaced with pink eye, like I woke up, sore throat gone, but eye is irritated. So I'll be dammed if I'm going to the hospital (I'll explain later) I will seriously rip my eye out of the socket before I will go there again.... anyways, so I wake up this morning... sore throat gone, check... eye healing nicely (got some polysporin eye/ear drops) wake up.... my ***** tongue is swollen!!!! What in the gay hell is wrong with me????
I am getting awfully sick of this... Oh, and to boot, my eye is getting irritated again.
Anyone recognize these symptoms together?
I think this all started when I had to go wait in the Emerg area so I could get prescription refills sharing a room with a bunch of f***-tards who don't know how to cover their moths when they cough, nor sanitize their hands when they touch sh**
If I have to go back to that hospital, I'm gonna wear a haz-mat suit... or cough all over everyone. God.... COVER YOUR MOUTH! not hard...
anyways, any insight would be awesome :)
Thanks

everywoman
01-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I can't give you any insight, but holy frig, those are some weird symptoms! Maybe if you go down to emerg, ask them for latex gloves and a face mask. At least that might help a bit. It sucks to be coralled in a room with a bunch of people who are sick and have no common sense.

My husband and I were there one time about 2 years ago, and this bizarre looking couple were walking around the waiting area with a grocery bag filled with body fluid. NO JOKE! It looked like they had vomitted into the grocery bag and brought it to the hospital for them to look at. That's just dangerous! I can't believe the nurses allowed it!

No Drama Please
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Have you tried gargling with rye?

dancingqueen
01-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll have to try that... mmmmmm, rye...
And Everywoman... that's gross! people don't seem to think very often... This is why I hate the ER

Dragonfly
01-10-2010, 09:44 PM
I can't give you any insight, but holy frig, those are some weird symptoms! Maybe if you go down to emerg, ask them for latex gloves and a face mask. At least that might help a bit. It sucks to be coralled in a room with a bunch of people who are sick and have no common sense.

My husband and I were there one time about 2 years ago, and this bizarre looking couple were walking around the waiting area with a grocery bag filled with body fluid. NO JOKE! It looked like they had vomitted into the grocery bag and brought it to the hospital for them to look at. That's just dangerous! I can't believe the nurses allowed it!

My daughter and I were throwing up some weird stuff, which turned out to be blood from the Ibuprofen they prescribed the week before plus the lack of food in our stomaches, but the hospital asked us to bring as much of the vomit in as we could--from each VOMIT session. That added up to quite a bit. So I believe it. We had to hold onto it as well until the doctor was able to see us.

Sorry DQ, I have no idea what that could be! Have you tried googling all the symptoms together?

bluekrissyspikes
01-10-2010, 10:28 PM
i dunno about the pink eye but i had the cold followed by sore throat a while ago. i kept feeling like my throat was getting better but then it would start hurting again and yes, my tongue swelled out too. i had to go on two rounds of anti-biotics to clear it up. if you don't want to go to emerge go to the walk in by canadian tire. it's faster and the people there are not as sickly

No Drama Please
01-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Seriously, rye cures everything.

kitca
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
i know that my dr told me that once you get sick your immune system is down and anything weak gets affected. that is why i kept getting throat infections or bladder infections they were my weakest part. i wonder if your whole immune system is down? its a weird set of symptoms thats for sure.

Giggle Squirt
01-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I have no idea what it could be but you might have an infection that keeps creeping up. Try drowning yourself in rye and have sex.

icecapp
01-12-2010, 06:10 AM
any fever? or have you been taking tylonal, or motrin for sore throat?
are you tired?

sounds like mono, mono affects the mucus(sp) of our bodys, thus being saliva, (causes sore throat) tears(causes mucus in eye) and will go and come, untill treated, some cases are worse then others, but if left untreated can be not good,

This can cause you spleen to swell and burst.... (enough said)

do some reasearch on mono, its not only a kissing dieasese so they say.. you can get it otherways aswell....

Good luck hope you feel better soon.

b&aMom
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
A virus can affect your eyes and give you something resembling pink eye. Has happened to my kids more than once, and was particularly pronounced with Chicken Pox. Just another manifestation of the virus.

Bringing puke to the hospital? By request? Ewwww!! LOL

Dragonfly
01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah...Mono does sound like a pretty good culprit. I would definately get it checked out soon!

And yeah B&A it was pretty gross.

dancingqueen
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, seems like it's all better now... just stuck with a lingering sore throat that is more of an irritation than sore. Had me in pretty rough shape though :confused2: sheesh :)

HDV
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
it may have been all the rye and sex that started all these issues..lol just buggin ya DQ

Babzz
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
try the walk in clinic in the cambrian mall.
They are pretty quick in there and they even will give you a buzzer thing to hang to til your name is called so you can walk around the mall instread of sitting in the waiting room. Good luck and hope you feel better soon