PDA

View Full Version : I bought this flour stuff at the bulk barn...

tasma
01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
and I don't know what it is. I didn't grab the thing that tells you what it is. I tried it as teabiscuit mix but it didn't work. It has sugar in the mix and of course flour base but I don't know what it is.
Any one know what I should do to figure it out. I thought of bringing a sample of it there but I can't exactly run my fingers through the flour mixes to find the one that seems the same.

Sweet Little Sister
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
did you buy it by accident thinking it was flour?

how long ago did you buy it.. if you still have the receipt it might say what it is on there..

tasma
01-13-2010, 03:47 PM
No I didn't buy it by accident, I bought it for a purpose but I don't remember why and it was sometime last year. I found it in my baking cupboard and I remember buying it but I don't know why. I made teabiscuits with it, thinking it was the teabiscuit mix but it left a sugar crust on top of the biscuits so it has alot of sugar in it.

bluekrissyspikes
01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
pie crust?

Sweet Little Sister
01-13-2010, 07:21 PM
did it taste good? if it did maybe you could make a peach cobbler with it.
mmmm..

tasma
01-14-2010, 03:32 AM
strawberry shortcakes would be good with it too. Good idea! I still don't know what it is though.

Blue Lotus Rising
01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Is it muffin mix?

tasma
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't think so. I made cookies and tea biscuits with it and both were not too good. The cookies were made with regular cookie ingredients and using the "flour" as regular flour. The tea biscuits were made with just milk as if it was a ready mix and they rose up but had a sugar glaze on the top.

Amaranth
01-15-2010, 07:49 AM
It might sound weird but if you take it to the bulk barn in the plastic bag and show it to someone there, they will probably know what it is. When I am there in the line up, often people buy things and forget to write the number on the tag. 99% of the time, I swear the employee can tell what it is, even though it all looks the same to me when it is a flour-like substance lol.