PDA

View Full Version : Numbness in the foot?

Seraph
01-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Before anyone looks at me and tells me to take this boy to the doctor, my boyfriend is one of those guys who just does not do that.

So I want to figure out what could be causing his leg to go numb for the last three days, it's like asleep. No feeling in part of it from knee to foot.
It does not hurt so he does not think it's serious but I do. So does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or what I should be googling?

Andre
01-15-2010, 06:55 PM
poor circulation especially if it gets cold or changes colour

ArcticBlue
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
You may find these links helpful. My first instinct when I read of his symptoms was to think sciatica.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sciatica/DS00516

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003206.htm

Giggle Squirt
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
why can't you con**** all your medical text?

ArcticBlue
01-15-2010, 08:09 PM
This also may be helpful:

http://www.medicinenet.com/radiculopathy/article.htm

bluekrissyspikes
01-15-2010, 08:09 PM
blood clots

ArcticBlue
01-15-2010, 08:16 PM
blood clots

Based on the description of symptoms that the OP gave, I would tend to disagree with the possibility of DVT (blood clot in the leg). That is just my opinion though.

Here is some information about DVT though, in case anyone was interested:
http://www.medicinenet.com/radiculopathy/article.htm

Blue Lotus Rising
01-15-2010, 09:00 PM
blood clots

Seriously, that's your answer?

bluekrissyspikes
01-16-2010, 07:39 AM
yes, dr. lotus, it is. sorry if i am not a professional, i guess you should see a doctor instead of asking strangers on the internet. my birthcontrol package says blood clots can cause numbness so i just went with that.

Blue Lotus Rising
01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
yes, dr. lotus, it is. sorry if i am not a professional, i guess you should see a doctor instead of asking strangers on the internet. my birthcontrol package says blood clots can cause numbness so i just went with that.

Lmao ty patient krissy.

Seraph
01-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Ok still going back to read links, he thinks it's a pinched nerve in his back.
He can move his foot to point it down, but not to point it up.

Last night he was sweating but had no fever symptoms other than shaking and being very hot/cold feeling with a normal temperature.
When we went to bed he was cold and his feet were hotter than mine, and he was sweating.

I don't know what's wrong but thanks for the links I'll be reading them!

Oh I also went as far as to test his blood sugar. 5.5 an hour after a meal.

Yeah I don't think it's sciatica because he's in no pain what so ever from this.

Radiculopathy still looks like what we're leaning toward.

We thought blood clots for a while but there would be more symptoms than just numbness right?

Seraph
01-16-2010, 06:26 PM

You were right, Fyre does not have any degrees, just thinks she knows everything.
We were thinking it was a blood clot too. And I can't ask a doctor because well, I'm not the patient and even if I pretend to be him on telehealth they just say "go to the hospital" no matter what's wrong these days. And he won't go!

ArcticBlue
01-16-2010, 06:34 PM
We thought blood clots for a while but there would be more symptoms than just numbness right?

Right

ArcticBlue
01-16-2010, 06:37 PM
You were right, Fyre does not have any degrees, just thinks she knows everything.

Fyre? I don't see anything in this thread posted by Fyre? Am I missing something here?

bluekrissyspikes
01-16-2010, 06:57 PM
We were thinking it was a blood clot too. And I can't ask a doctor because well, I'm not the patient and even if I pretend to be him on telehealth they just say "go to the hospital" no matter what's wrong these days. And he won't go!

sorry i didn't mean that to you. i thought by that guys name he might be your bf but obviously not...lol

Seraph
01-16-2010, 09:17 PM
sorry i didn't mean that to you. i thought by that guys name he might be your bf but obviously not...lol

No, it's ok. That's Fyre's other sign in name.

Fyre
01-16-2010, 09:36 PM
No, it's ok. That's Fyre's other sign in name.

Funny that when I decide to take a break from here I still get accused of things. May want to check your sources before you throw out accusations!

Seraph
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Funny that when I decide to take a break from here I still get accused of things. May want to check your sources before you throw out accusations!

That's funny how you log on to post here. Someone with pagan attitudes who's met me in real life and does not like me.

Hmm concidering I've only met You, NDP, NoCasa, Mboy, DQ and Zed from soonet who the heck else would it be.

ArcticBlue
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
That was me Seraph - Arctic Blue that just posted under Fyre - so, technically, no it wasn't Blue Lotus Rising or not who you thought anyhow. Guess it got confusing having two people posting under one name. Problem solved now though since we've got our own! Hope some of the information that I have posted was helpful though.

Seraph
01-16-2010, 09:55 PM
That was me Seraph - Arctic Blue that just posted under Fyre - so, technically, no it wasn't Blue Lotus Rising or not who you thought anyhow. Guess it got confusing having two people posting under one name. Problem solved now though since we've got our own! Hope some of the information that I have posted was helpful though.

Yeah I never let anyone else post under my name.
Yes what you posted has been very helpful. When he gets back here I'm going to show him the links you sent me about the possibility that he could have pinched a nerve in his back.

Maybe after reading that page his ideas about going to see a doctor will change! He's getting way too cute gimping around here. I need my big strong protector type back haha.

ArcticBlue
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Yes what you posted has been very helpful. When he gets back here I'm going to show him the links you sent me about the possibility that he could have pinched a nerve in his back.

Maybe after reading that page his ideas about going to see a doctor will change! He's getting way too cute gimping around here. I need my big strong protector type back haha.

Just for clarification here Seraph, Fyre was a joint name on here - at any given time either one of us would use it to post. So, therefore no one used anyone else's name. Furthermore, you have met BOTH of us face to face.

ArcticBlue
01-16-2010, 10:02 PM

If his symptoms do continue then he definitely should see a Doctor. They may only tell him to apply heat and ice as well as to take an anti-inflammatory drug, but regardless he should be seen. Better to be safe than sorry.

Seraph
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
"Oh Sigh" so after some deep heat therapy and a few anti inflammatory pills (used as pain killers but hey they did the job) his foot now hurts.

So yeah I'm going to drag him to the doctor because of his gimpy foot last night he slipped on the ice, cracking open his knee, and bruising a rib.
One of those determined tough guys, has to go to work no matter how bad he feels because off this manly sense of responsibility.
Not that it's a bad thing but the good thing is the couple days he has off this week and where I'm going to insist he spends them!

And any one knows that sharing sign in names or log ins is a bad idea, so I'm glad you ladies decided not to share a name any more. It's highly recommended against on almost every site on the internet but it's not rocket science to see why.

Just so I don't step on anyone's toes, is it you or your girlfriend who needs the antacids ;)