PDA

View Full Version : Choosing paint color

MissMuffett
01-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm sooo overwhelmed with color choices that I cannot decide what colors to paint my livingroom, and connecting hallway upstairs. We r planning on selling so we want to stay neutral. Our kitchen is taupe, which is adjacent to the livingroom. We have oak hardwood floors with brown couches and white trim. I have recently painted the crown molding white to make the ceilings look larger. HELP!!!

GRUMPY
01-16-2010, 10:20 AM
sorry but this is something that you have to do all by yourself.

Luv'inLife
01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
I love painting and changing colours, if I were you I would go with a sand or camel/mushroom...all neutral colors and keep the trim white. It will give it a rich clean appearance. Let us know what you decide.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
When was the last time you painted lol

8th
01-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Luv paint! Stop it you are kiilling me 6th:laughm:

bouffant
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm sooo overwhelmed with color choices that I cannot decide what colors to paint my livingroom, and connecting hallway upstairs. We r planning on selling so we want to stay neutral. Our kitchen is taupe, which is adjacent to the livingroom. We have oak hardwood floors with brown couches and white trim. I have recently painted the crown molding white to make the ceilings look larger. HELP!!!

If you are really looking for help than my ass is bigger than Oprah Winfrey's ...all you are doing bragging about your home to make it seem as if you are one of those artsy fartsy home decorating kinda people...far from it sister!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-16-2010, 01:27 PM
If you are really looking for help than my ass is bigger than Oprah Winfrey's ...all you are doing bragging about your home to make it seem as if you are one of those artsy fartsy home decorating kinda people...far from it sister!

Dont take it out on her just because you are living in a basement apartment watching your black and white tv...

HDV
01-16-2010, 01:35 PM
I dont think she is bragging about her home. From what she mentioned about her home its nothing to really brag about, No offense at all MM, you know what I mean. People cant ask a question or advice on this board without being stomped on or insulted, it really is sad.
Now Missmuffet.I myself like chocolate brown, taupe, caramel colors for the living rooms and bathrooms, also there is a dark reddish burgundy color paint, i forget what it is called, and in the bathroom it looks wild. For bedrooms i like white, and green. Not together. In my daughters room it is a green color, not dark more a light but a nice light not yucky puke color. the color starts with S. I ll have to go to the storage room and look on the can for the color but it is really nice as well.
Everyone has their own preferences and this is really something you have to like yourself. Good luck, it is hard to make a decision thats for sure, there are a lot of awesome colors out here and its hard to pick sometimes. Good Luck :)

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Pick a neutral color slightly darker than white. I started picking samples with a hint of brown in them and chose COUNCIL BLUFF. I believe CIL makes it and its sold at Home Depot.

SSMP
01-16-2010, 01:48 PM
At some places you can get large paint chips( I think that is wat they are called) they are usually about 500cm x 500cm, we found these a lot more usefull than just the small ones. It gives your eye a bigger colour blob to look at when comparing colours.

Timbit
01-16-2010, 08:24 PM
If you are really looking for help than my ass is bigger than Oprah Winfrey's ..

it must be.....you got your head pretty far up it...... +1

MissMuffett
01-16-2010, 09:10 PM
thanks everyone for your advice.. its sad that when i ask for opinions that people just assume things about me... pretty awful...

I do like the advice of the sand color and the mushroom color and the white with atinge of brown.. i think that would brighten it up and make it look bigger than it is !! .. wonderful advice.. thanx a bunch everyone.

Luv'inLife
01-16-2010, 11:15 PM
fyi to my loyal followers 6th and 8th...I owned a house for 15 years and someone had to paint it...heaven knows men are useless IMO.

MM the mushroom looks awsome with white trim and if you will be selling they are neutral and show well. Good Luck.

Luv'inLife
01-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Luv paint! Stop it you are kiilling me 6th:laughm:

If thats all it will take I'll haul out my paintbrush now!!!

Peety
01-16-2010, 11:19 PM
fyi to my loyal followers 6th and 8th...I owned a house for 15 years and someone had to paint it...heaven knows men are useless IMO.

MM the mushroom looks awsome with white trim and if you will be selling they are neutral and show well. Good Luck.

heaven knows men are useless

LOL second time I laughed here tonight!

bluekrissyspikes
01-16-2010, 11:22 PM

haha...that is so true. hubby's project from the summer was to paint the living room. i've got one wall half done and that's it.

MissMuffett
01-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I have given up asking some things to get done so ive started doing some reserach and just doing it by myself.... it takes me FOREVER... i feel super proud with myself afterwords though.. so definately worth it!!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-17-2010, 05:21 AM

They had paint 15 yrs ago? lol. Not all men are useless, just yours was lol...

8th
01-17-2010, 09:09 AM
it was white wash-------------ever hear of huckleberry finn

Luv'inLife
01-17-2010, 10:00 AM
it was white wash-------------ever hear of huckleberry finn

no, sorry, I'm not nearly as old as you...

HDV
01-17-2010, 10:37 AM
thanks everyone for your advice.. its sad that when i ask for opinions that people just assume things about me... pretty awful...

I do like the advice of the sand color and the mushroom color and the white with atinge of brown.. i think that would brighten it up and make it look bigger than it is !! .. wonderful advice.. thanx a bunch everyone.

welcome to soonet :) this place was not like this 2 years ago, I mean there was the odd %$#@ *&^ but never this bad where you can t ask a question about paint and get jumped on and insulted. But Im glad you found what you were looking for. I hate painting even more then I hate trying to pick out a color i like.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-17-2010, 12:16 PM

You're welcome, despite Timbit lol