PDA

View Full Version : what's your

bluekrissyspikes
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
favorite recipe? looking for new things to try, preferably not too complicated:teeth:

ssmarie
01-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Rice Pudding

1/3 C Rice, uncooked
1/3 C Sugar
1 tsp Cornstarch
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/3 C Milk
1 tbls Butter
Pinch of cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs

Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt.
Add milk and sugar mixture to rice.
Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Stir in butter and vanilla.
Separate eggs (whites will not be used) and beat yolks.
Slowly stir about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture
into the beaten egg yolks in a bowl.

Blend with the remaining mixture in saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently,
just until mixture starts to bubble.
Serve warm or cold, plain or with whipped Cream.

bluekrissyspikes
01-17-2010, 10:59 PM
that sounds yummy. i've never had fresh rice pudding, just the ones in the package. my other half will really like this, he talks about his gramma making rice pudding when he was a kid sometimes. thanks. (:

Giggle Squirt
01-18-2010, 12:56 AM
for a dinner dish i like this one...
Take a few bonelss skinless chicken breasts and lay then in a baking dish on fresh spinach leaves. Then cover the chicken with a box of stuffing mix *not made* and then 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (do not add milk to the soup mix) Smear it all over, cover in tinfoil and put in over at 350 for about 40 ish min.

bluekrissyspikes
01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
that sounds good too. i like easy dinners.

kitca
01-18-2010, 04:56 PM
this is one of our favorites: fry up some hamburger with onion a little garlic and ginger. when cooked add assorted veggies that you like. i like carrots, red pepper, mushrooms, brocoli, cauliflower, celery. and 2 cups dry uncooked egg noodles. add one can of mushroom soup and one can of milk and one of water.(i mix these up with a wisk and add them together) if you need a bit more liquid just add more. put a lid on it and cook for about 15 minutes. the veggies should just be tender crisp and the noodles aldente. now add your spices. salt pepper and 1 cup chilli sauce. or i used asian chilli sauce which gave it a totally different flavour and so good.

bluekrissyspikes
01-19-2010, 12:24 PM
sounds interesting. i wouldn't have thought of putting mushroom soup and chilli sauce in the same dish.

MaO3
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Heres one of my fav's.

Swiss Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - (not too thick)
4 slices swiss cheese
1 can cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 cup of white wine (may substitute apple juice)
1 box stovetop stuffing
1/2 cup butter / margarine (melted)
Arrange raw chicken breasts in the bottom of a oven proof baking dish.
cover each chicken breast with a slice of swiss cheese
combine can of cream of mushroom soup with white wine - mix well.
Pour soup/wine mix over chicken
Melt margarine and mix dry stuffing mix into marg, till moistened.
cover chicken mixture with stuffing mix and cover with foil.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes in 350 oven, remove foil and continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is fork tender

bluekrissyspikes
01-20-2010, 04:38 PM
gonna try out the rice pudding tonight and one of the chicken recipes tomorrow. (:

my new favorite recipe is for spahgetti squash

bake the squash for an hour at 350 with some water in the pan, covered until well done
fry up some hamburger meat, then add peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic and whatever else you want to add and cook until tender. mix in a can of sphagetti sauce(i used half a can and half a squash at a time) mix with squash and bake with cheese on top until the cheese is melty and golden. it was really good, better than any real pasta i've had in a long time. for the cheese i used a mix of cheddar, mozzarella and parmagian. mmmmmmm.................

gouligann
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
MA03, that sounds delishious. Once I can ease off off of this hateful diet lol, I'll give that chicken dish a try.

MaO3
01-23-2010, 10:55 AM
It is delish!!! And really quick too. Takes five minutes to put together and its ready in less than 45. Start to finish...
We love it... I also make Chicken picata regularily but don't have time right now to post the recipe.. I'll try to do that at some point.

bluekrissyspikes
01-23-2010, 11:00 AM
yes, ma's recipee was very tasty. we made it with apple juice cause we don't drink much and don't keep alcohol on hand. super easy, and it went over well with us.
the rice pudding was great too. i made it twice. i'm not sure what kind of rice the op uses. mine did not cook enough the first time so i had to let it sit for a long time when it was done to soften the rice. the second time, i half cooked the rice first and added a bit less sugar and it turned out perfect.