PDA

View Full Version : stove top fans

dancingqueen
01-19-2010, 12:32 PM
You know those fan things that hang over stoves, they have a light too?
Well, our light cover melted and I had to take it off cause it was chipping and falling. It's just plastic and I guess the light bulb was too big (Thank you very much gigantic halogen bulb) Any idea where I could get another cover? It looks kinda ghetto without one :)
Thanks!

H.E. Pennypacker
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM
call the manufacturer.

Anapeg
01-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Any lumber yard will stock an array of lexan panels you can cut to fit. Use an "Olfa" knife not a saw to cut the lexan. It will come in two by four foot sheets and you can get it in clear and opaque panels and a wide variety of textures. TAKE THE HOLOGEN BULB OUT!!! They are too hot and it will happen again. Usually the highest wattage you can use is sixty watt incandescent. Let me look around as I may have a panel or two laying around. I will know by tomorrow morning.

dancingqueen
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks Anapeg, and Pennypacker.... Genius! lol, I never even though of that ;)

MaO3
01-19-2010, 12:53 PM
here I thought you were talking about STUFFING! :teeth:

NewCasa
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
DQ - you a fan of stovetop?

Anyway, my 2 cents - I woudln't even go 60w - stick to the 40w that most of them come with. Darn things should be flourescent so this junk doesn't happen.

Bill Nash
01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
If you need a whole new unit, you can pick a used one up at the ReStore near Bawating for next to nothing.