PDA

View Full Version : FREE EGGS today........yes, really.

A*lil*Loopy
01-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I have an overabundance of eggs that I brought in this morning. I have about 27 dozen eggs, all from my chickens.
FREE to whoever wants them, but a limit of 3 dozen per person.
You need to be able to pick them up before 6pm today!

I just need to get them out of my fridge. They aren't old, I have higher than normal egg production lately.

First come first serve, post and pm me!

And I put it in this area because it's all about cooking. ha.

NativeMomma
01-19-2010, 03:22 PM
pmed ya

Babzz
01-19-2010, 05:16 PM
I would love and appreciate some eggs. I eat a lot of them! Any one on the hill area going to get some?? Free eggs are much moire tasty too!!

kitca
01-20-2010, 12:04 AM
thank you so much!!! it was very nice to meet you.

Jackie B
01-20-2010, 12:09 AM
I just saw this now. If you still have some tomorrow, I would be glad to pick up some for myself, and deliver some to Babzz. :)

Genny
01-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Darn, I just saw this also. I had told son, Mr. C, to ask you if you had any! Men...

A*lil*Loopy
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM
I tried to pm Jackie but it didn't work, kept giving me a vianet page instead..........argh.

I still have eggs so yes you can come and pick them up. Jackie, if you pm me, I can pm you back.
Babzz, I'll have a few dozen for you as well but somebody needs to pick them up.
Genny, I will put some aside for you and inform your son that he is to keep them for you............that should work. Us Moms need to stick together, lol.

There wasn't near the response as I thought there might be so I guess we'll just keep at it til they're gone.

I have duck eggs too (great for custards, etc) that I can bring in too.

bluekrissyspikes
01-20-2010, 04:16 PM
i wouldn't mind taking a few off your hands. do you have them down at the shop? if so i can walk down there tomorrow sometime if that's good for you.

A*lil*Loopy
01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
I'll put some aside for you blue, I'm there from 11 til 6. Just let anyone there know what you are there for.

And Kitca it was nice to meet you too.

Jackie B
01-21-2010, 02:03 AM
I tried to PM you, and it says your box is full.

bluekrissyspikes
01-21-2010, 10:15 AM
alrighty, i'll see ya this afternoon. (:

A*lil*Loopy
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I emptied my message box.

A*lil*Loopy
01-21-2010, 02:53 PM
ssmarie, thank you for the chocolates!! Everyone enjoyed them.

ssmarie
01-21-2010, 04:59 PM
oh goodie - ty for the eggs!!!!!

bluekrissyspikes
01-21-2010, 05:07 PM
thanks loopy!! i was hoping to get to meet you but you musta been hard at work when i got there. maybe another time.

Jackie B
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks very much for the eggs! And I was gonna post the exact same thing as bluekrissyspikes. I always like putting a face to the name. Maybe I'll have to come in for some duck eggs. :)

Can you eat them just like eggs? I better not tell my 5 y/o. She loves ducks. I don't think she be happy if she knew she was eating them. LOL

Blue Lotus Rising
01-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you very much for the eggs! You guys are the bestest!!!

Genny
01-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Thank you Loopy.

HDV
01-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks very much for the eggs! And I was gonna post the exact same thing as bluekrissyspikes. I always like putting a face to the name. Maybe I'll have to come in for some duck eggs. :)

Can you eat them just like eggs? I better not tell my 5 y/o. She loves ducks. I don't think she be happy if she knew she was eating them. LOL

yes you can eat them like regular eggs they are better in baking and cooking. They are bigger then a normal egg as well. tatse it a little different as well.

A*lil*Loopy
01-22-2010, 12:09 PM
All of the free eggs are gone!!!! Thanks everyone for taking them off my hands.

As for duck eggs Jackie, if you want a dozen I'll give you some to try. You can eat them like regular eggs but; the shell is much stronger, they are mostly yolk (rather thick) and they are a bit stronger than chicken eggs. They are wonderful for baking and custards! Size wise, they are like jumbo eggs. We hopefully won't have to worry about duck eggs as I've only got one duck laying now and we'll be butchering most of the group soon.

For those I met, it was a pleasure. For those I didn't, maybe another time.

TPK
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey loopy, Tried to private message you but it says you're inbox is full. Anyway, just wanted to ask you if you're selling eggs too? Hubby and I enjoy them but I'm picky where I get them from. How are the puggies doing? Thanks!

A*lil*Loopy
01-30-2010, 05:39 PM
I sent you a pm TPK, but I question if it went. I'm PM challenged lately. My inbox has been nearly emptied.

Jackie B
02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
I also had a friend ask me if you sell them. She prefers farm fresh eggs, but doesn't know anyone who sells them.If you're interested in that, drop me a message and I'll hook my friend up. :)