PDA

View Full Version : Edwards

Jackie B
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=44180

I knew this article would come up sooner or later, so I thought I'd start it and share our thoughts.

My husband just read me part of this article, as far as he could read without choking up. I read the rest on my own. I cannot fathom what kind of monsters could inflict this kind of pain and suffering on an infant. I knew Baby Kevin's inuries were bad, but this is unspeakable. I provide respite for a 2 year old with cerebral palsy who is blind, tube fed, suffers from seizures and will never have an even remotely normal life, and she is far better off than Kevin will ever be. She can at least hear and laugh with deep compression. He will never know anything but suffering. I'm not much on euthenasia, but this makes me wonder...

Aside from the human suffering and monstrosity of the situation, we were discussing how much money this has and will continue to cost Ontario. Kevin's incarceration of 12 years, his wife's impending incarceration, permanent round the clock medical care for the child, court costs for both parents, I can't imagine what this is costing altogether.

I believe there's a special place reserved in hell for people like this.

Peety
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I just read it. Why would any one do that to something they love.

01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
More proof for my 'license to breed' initiative.

everywoman
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Utterly sickening. I had to stop reading.

Peety
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
More proof for my 'license to breed' initiative.

I just had that conversation.

01-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Children are NOT asked to be brought into this world. Out of everything I can think of, a child is the biggest responsibility. Too many do not realize the magnitude of properly raising a child and that stems from poor parenting.

Bad parenting can, and tends to carry on from generation to generation.

Peety
01-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Sad part is people have them and can't afford them.

dancingqueen
01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I can't comprehend any situation that would make someone this irrational.... How these people will be able to live with themselves knowing what they have done is beyond me.

Jackie B
01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
You know, sometimes things happen, and people who were once well off can hit rough spot in the road. But people who are characterized by or choose to live a life of poverty bringing kids into the world, I just don't get it .I've met Kevin Edwards, and frankly the man does not have to IQ to even be considering reproducing, let alone child rearing. Definitely gives some weight to a "license to breed" concept.

Peety
01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
You know, sometimes things happen, and people who were once well off can hit rough spot in the road. But people who are characterized by or choose to live a life of poverty bringing kids into the world, I just don't get it .I've met Kevin Edwards, and frankly the man does not have to IQ to even be considering reproducing, let alone child rearing. Definitely gives some weight to a "license to breed" concept.

sometimes things happen, and people who were once well off can hit rough spot

I agree.. With the rough spot.To keep having kids? When you can't feed the ones you have.

Giggle Squirt
01-19-2010, 10:20 PM
As a parent i have been frustrated and angry with my children but i can't wrap my head aournd how angry and how upset and frustrated one would need to be to get this angry at at a baby. This just made me sick and I could not read it. I just can't believe that poor child has to live like that every day.

verotik66
01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
sometimes things happen, and people who were once well off can hit rough spot

I agree.. With the rough spot.To keep having kids? When you can't feed the ones you have.

well you know welfare gives you more money when you make more kids

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-19-2010, 10:30 PM
My question is how do you get 2 people together like this?

Jackie B
01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Who else would have them but each other?

Peety
01-19-2010, 10:32 PM

frankly the man does not have to IQ to even be considering reproducin

Looks like he figured out how the deed is done.

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes but how did they ever meet up. The odds of 2 people like that finding each other is unbelievable. There would have to be some sort of existing evil in them before they even met.

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
The dog who humps your leg has no IQ. I don't think IQ has anything to do with it. Evil. Just plain ole evil.

Jackie B
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
frankly the man does not have to IQ to even be considering reproducin

Looks like he figured out how the deed is done.

Just the thought of it makes me gag...he was always such a creep. He tried to lure me to come to his apartment when I was 12. Sicko.

Peety
01-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Just the thought of it makes me gag...he was always such a creep. He tried to lure me to come to his apartment when I was 12. Sicko.

How old is the guy?
Where do the weirdos hang out ? Bars? Coffee shops

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-19-2010, 10:41 PM
You seem interested. Peety you deserve better!!!

Peety
01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
You seem interested. Peety you deserve better!!!

Thanks... I was wondering if he was a young guy.. Sounds like a perv from what Jackie said.

Jackie B
01-19-2010, 10:45 PM
I just looked it up, and he would have been 27 when I was 12, and it happened at the Station Mall.

I just pulled this lovely bit of info out of an old Soonews.ca article.

"...he has had 56 prior convictions, including indecent assault, sexual assault causing bodily harm, committing an indecent act and sexual interference and criminal harassment I couldn't help asking myself WHY this man was still on the streets!"

Macs II
01-19-2010, 11:37 PM
he has had 56 prior convictions, including indecent assault, sexual assault causing bodily harm, committing an indecent act and sexual interference and criminal harassment I couldn't help asking myself WHY this man was still on the streets!

just proves my point ......hang 'em young and these things wouldn't happen.

gouligann
01-20-2010, 07:57 AM
I just saw a couple last night that sounds like these two losers, and I was glad to see that there wasn't a child with them. They were over in Walmart in Soo Mi. and he was fighting with her over a box of garbage bags that they couldn't afford??? They should have been spending their money on a large box of condoms by the looks of these two low-lifes. Heaven help the child/children if they reproduce.

IMHO
01-20-2010, 08:10 AM
What is the worst penalty this low life mother can get? Anything less than life in prison is unjust.

Konig-OV
01-20-2010, 08:22 AM
I believe a vasectomy and a tubal are in order.

Saultgirl
01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
It's terrible; I couldn't finish reading it.

What a sin it is to keep this child alive.

Evil Monkey
01-20-2010, 08:45 AM
The dog who humps your leg has no IQ. I don't think IQ has anything to do with it. Evil. Just plain ole evil.

I was not involved in this at all. Just wanted to clear that up!

It's terrible; I couldn't finish reading it.

What a sin it is to keep this child alive.

What are you suggesting they do to this poor child then if it is a sin to be keeping him alive?

Super Gram
01-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Why are they trying to keep this child alive by trying all these medical proceedures. Maybe they should tery these on the parents.

When my first child was born she cried for the first 3 months of her life, unless we held her. She would not take her bottle unless I pressed her cheeks together (was told that at the hospital). I sometimes sat outside in my car and just cried. I didn't harm her one bit. After the 3 months she became the best baby one could ever have. Today she is still my sweetheart:kiss2:

These people are just too dumb to have children. I think I might have met both of them once but am not sure.I was not too impressed with him.....all he did was swear.

HDV
01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Edwards has always been a creep. I hope he gets stabbed in jail or killed. That poor baby has to suffer for the rest of his life because of these two goofs. Least the people taking care of this baby changed his name so he does not have to be named after the goof who did this too him.
Wife was reading the sootoday and she was wiping her face and i noticed she was all teary eyed. I red it when she went to change the baby and now I know why. What a sick piece of ****. He will get his, and will be stupid enough to come back to the soo when he gets released, unless someone gets to him in there first.
How can a mother and father BOTH physically abuse their 2 month old baby? What a sick couple. Child abuse make me so mad. I dont get how someone can harm a baby. let alone their own flesh and blood. A innocent baby who can not defend themselves or talk.

bouffant
01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Treena Edwards deserves to have her face scorched with battery acid and then have it smashed into a concrete wall a few times, then held down in a toilet that hasnt been flushed and festering for days.... Kevin deserves to get a red hot metal rod shoved up his culo so that whenever he takes a crap he will feel the worst pain ever...they should bring back the medieval torture devices for evil monsters like these people.

dancingqueen
01-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm normally one to reserve judgment, but I can't in this case. That being said, bouffant, why the battery acid, that will only kill nerve endings and make the concrete wall less painful.

A*lil*Loopy
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
My husband suggested tying their heads to a jackhammer and walking away for a while. Then I guess Bouffant could take over from there.............

I try to be a bit more reserved about jumping to judge but I used to get followed by Kevin and harassed by him so I know he's a real *******.
I didn't know Treena but I'd certainly enjoy the opportunity now to get to know her........

verotik66
01-20-2010, 01:02 PM
She will sob and cry and get a house sentence, even though she admitted to beating the boy, it will all come down to it not really being her fault, she was abused, and she needs help not jail, blah blah, my money is on no jail time for her. She should be forced to care for her son every waking hour of the day, that should be her sentence 12 hrs a day of support for her son, currently she is off free to do what she wants, the taxpayers are footing the bill and taking care of her son, I would applaud a judge who would say something like that, under some serious supervision, she should have to look at what she did everyday until the boy dies.

Peety
01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
She will sob and cry and get a house sentence, even though she admitted to beating the boy, it will all come down to it not really being her fault, she was abused, and she needs help not jail, blah blah, my money is on no jail time for her. She should be forced to care for her son every waking hour of the day, that should be her sentence 12 hrs a day of support for her son, currently she is off free to do what she wants, the taxpayers are footing the bill and taking care of her son, I would applaud a judge who would say something like that, under some serious supervision, she should have to look at what she did everyday until the boy dies.

I agree she should have to help care for him and see what they have done.

Oscar_Leroy
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't even know what to say about this.. I couldn't read all of it. Sickening.

Super Gram
01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I could'nt read all of it either....when they described what the baby looked like when he was in the hospital.

I agree with Verotik that she should have to look after him everyday until the day he dies. As for Kevin the pervert...I bet they have him safley tucked away in a nice jail. Where the inmates can't get to him. That would bwe a plce for child molestersw and killers.

kramer
01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I read the story as we all did. I will admit it was difficult to read. I agree with the comments that have been made that Trina and Kevin Edwards should be dealt with to the maximum extent of the law. Unfortunately I don't believe that 12 years was enough for Kevin and I doubt Trina will get what she really deserves either. I truly believe that what comes around goes around and their day will come when they will suffer as much as they have done to their son.
After reading the story I was thinking...what kind of life is this for the child?...would it be better if he just slipped away in his sleep? Is he suffering? Does he know at all of what is going on or what has gone on? My heart goes out to him and all I can hope is that he doesn't have anymore pain and if death does come his way; then maybe it was a blessing.

01-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I read the story as we all did. I will admit it was difficult to read. I agree with the comments that have been made that Trina and Kevin Edwards should be dealt with to the maximum extent of the law. Unfortunately I don't believe that 12 years was enough for Kevin and I doubt Trina will get what she really deserves either. I truly believe that what comes around goes around and their day will come when they will suffer as much as they have done to their son.
After reading the story I was thinking...what kind of life is this for the child?...would it be better if he just slipped away in his sleep? Is he suffering? Does he know at all of what is going on or what has gone on? My heart goes out to him and all I can hope is that he doesn't have anymore pain and if death does come his way; then maybe it was a blessing.Well said, and I totally agree with this!

Luv to be on the GO
01-20-2010, 09:47 PM
VEROTIK,I agree with you 110%
Does anyone know IF this Baby was their Only child ??????

IMHO
01-20-2010, 11:29 PM
I would not want that witch watching over the child she just destroyed. How can peopel even think of letting that monster near that baby again?

Barry Morris
01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
....Bad parenting can, and tends to carry on from generation to generation.

There you have it.

GRUMPY
01-21-2010, 07:55 AM
when found guilty they should just let her go free. just take her down to Lion Safari and let her go free in the lion area as they are always in need of food

kitty&mimi
01-21-2010, 08:16 AM
lol grumpy

i can't wait for her to go to jail, im sick of seeing her out grocery shopping....

Peety
01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
VEROTIK,I agree with you 110%

I hope she doesn't have any more.

kitty&mimi
01-21-2010, 08:26 AM
yes only child between the two of them

Gwanita
01-21-2010, 08:49 AM
I have no words yet I am posting on here while I am crying my eyes out thinking this is the craziest thing. That poor little boy I feel so sad for him. I couldn't ever imagine what it would take to do something so wrong to anyone, and in this case a helpless baby only weeks old. If I was in prison righht now I would be eagerly waiting for that **** to get processed because I would be among the many to greet her. Her stay wouldn't be long I would assure you that.
I can't freaking believe that this thing is walking around in public at this point.

yoda
01-21-2010, 09:01 AM
neither parent deserves any rights or freedoms associated with being human

Konig-OV
01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
If you take the rights and freedoms from another indvidual, you too should lose yours. Both of these people need help.

gouligann
01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
How can this woman be free to go grocery shopping? I wish someone would watch the isle she's in and have someone else do some major damage to her without getting caught. She deserves a LOT more than the slap on the wrist and protective custody she'll get.

It truly amazes me that none of the hospital staff, a friend/ relative, or CA didn't recognise that he was being abused earlier in his life.

Konig-OV
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
10 weeks doesn't give that much time to notice things.

Jackie B
01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
It could have been assumed that he was just a collicky baby. Someone said there was a picture of him sitting on a girl's lap 3 days before it happened, and he was alert and it looked like he was engaging the person. He must have been one tough little cookie to be "sitting" on someone's lap with 9 broken ribs, a broken collar bone, broken wrist, and a fractured skull.

Trina was in the line rght in front of me at No Frills a few months ago. It's just not fair that she should get to enjoy anything in life ever again while her son will never know joy of any kind.

Super Gram
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Beside which Larry Whalen is the judge and everyone know he is lenient.

kramer
01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=44252

Another difficult article to read; it makes me wonder...is she (Treena) a little mentally challenged? I don't know who this woman is, but if she is claiming innocent, she's either a little slow or metally unstable...or maybe both.

I really hope she gets what she deserves.

Peety
01-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Another difficult article to read; it makes me wonder...is she (Treena) a little mentally challenged? I don't know who this woman is, but if she is claiming innocent, she's either a little slow or metally unstable...or maybe both.

She must be mental to punch a new born and shake it! I think we are all taught to be nice to babies

wiener
01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
She's not only mental, she's very superstitious and also a thief. Kevin and Treena would find unsuspecting new people to hang around with, befriend them and then take total advantage of their hosipitality and steal from them. As far any other children, Kevin allegedly has an illegitimate son that should be around 18 years old now i think

Amaranth
01-23-2010, 07:37 PM

According to the article, Treena Edwards is "of average intelligence" so she is not what you call "slow". When a parent has abused (or is even accused of abusing) a child they are often asked to see a psychiatrist and/or to go through a type of IQ test to see if they are, indeed, intellectually challenged. I would guess she has gone through testing because she has probably tried pleading some sort of illness.

Some people are just mean, bad parents. Some don't think they are doing anything wrong which amazed me at first but when a parent has their children apprehended, or they are at risk of it they sometimes say they are "just doing it the same way their parents raised them". Abuse in families is a cycle and I am in no way excusing the terrible things they did but generations after generations of bad parenting occurs and it has to be addressed so horrible things like this do not happen anymore.

Jackie B
01-23-2010, 09:40 PM
He also has a daughter that is around 15. If you go to the wall of the "Kevin Edwards Should Rot in Hell" group on Facebook, you can read her thoughts. She is horrified that she was ever with this man, and scared for her daughter. I'm not sure the daughter even knows that's her dad. It doesn't sound like it, anyway.

Luv to be on the GO
01-23-2010, 11:44 PM
This whole story is something like a Horror Movie ....( except you can get up and leave )
It`s So hard to believe that 'anyone" could treat a sweet little innocent baby like this ..
Reading all the details has been very upsetting to me (as a Mother )
My only daughter wanted a baby SO bad .....But it never worked out ( never will)
So this just breaks our heart ,why is it that Sick people like these two
had a Lovely Healthy Baby and then did such horrible things to him
PLEASE Do Not comment or Bash me ,But does anyone else share my feelings ......
I would like God to take Baby Kevin ...Or give this little sweetie a needle and send him up to God
Dear God we treat our PETS better than this !!!!Once again if you DO Not agree with me.....NO comment then .