PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinations

MissMuffett
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
What ages do kids get vaccinations. My son starts school in sept and my daughter is 20 months old. I have gotten their shots up to date but I don't recall them telling me when the nexts ones r suppose to b.

HDV
01-20-2010, 11:02 AM
1st- 2 months
2nd- 4 months
3rd- 6 months
4th- 12 months
5th -15 months
6th-18 months
7th- 4-6 years old
8th- 12 yrs old
9th -14-16 yrs old
after the 9th one, it is every 10 years after.

I got this info off my daughters yellow immunization record booklet thingy. If you want to know what needles they get at each one I can let you know that as well. If you have a 20 month old daughter you should have this same booklet. You have to give it to the doctor at every immunization.

bluekrissyspikes
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
you do? i never have. my kids don't even have one of those booklets

HDV
01-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Here I ll post a pic of it. The nurse my daughter sees said they have to have this to keep track of their needles.

They are a little blurry and i have stuff over her name and HC number..lol

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr85/SophiesMommy2008/002.jpg

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr85/SophiesMommy2008/001.jpg

goodasgold
01-20-2010, 05:02 PM
What needle do they get a 12 years? When I had to provide my daughter's immunization for school, I was talking with an AHU nurse, and she did not mention one for 12 years. She said my oldest would need his next one at 15 years. This was during the summer we saw her. I take my youngest for her next one in the summer. She said around 4.5 was a good time.

HDV
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
according to the yellow booklet i showed at 12yrs old is a hepatitis b vaccination

Amaranth
01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
What needle do they get a 12 years? When I had to provide my daughter's immunization for school, I was talking with an AHU nurse, and she did not mention one for 12 years. She said my oldest would need his next one at 15 years. This was during the summer we saw her. I take my youngest for her next one in the summer. She said around 4.5 was a good time.

That's one they get at school in grade 6, the Hep B shot.

HDV
01-21-2010, 10:23 AM
12 years old is the hep B shot...
I know I said it before but I figured 3 times a charm..lol..either that or there's one heck of a echo in here :)

HDV
01-21-2010, 10:24 AM
you do? i never have. my kids don't even have one of those booklets

im surprised you do not have a booklet, the nurse said every kid has to have one to keep track of their shots and for school to prove they are up to date. They give it to you the first time they go for the shots. You should ask your doctor, cause im pretty sure you need it.

b&aMom
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
If your kids were vaccinated outside of Ontario as babies, they wouldn't have received one of those yellow fold-up schedules. We didn't get one until they started receiving shots here in Ontario and I ASKED for one. They were born in BC, and we had a booklet with all their shots recorded from there.

Giggle Squirt
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
algoma health unit has all my kids shots on file. i never got a card.

bluekrissyspikes
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
no ones ever mentioned it to me before and my doctors office didn't give me one. i guess i can ask next time but if it were important why wouldn't they tell everyone about it. i mean, my oldest is ten and she's never had an issue with not having one.

Amaranth
01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
no ones ever mentioned it to me before and my doctors office didn't give me one. i guess i can ask next time but if it were important why wouldn't they tell everyone about it. i mean, my oldest is ten and she's never had an issue with not having one.

My doctor had the kids' cards in his files for them. When they got vaccinated he would write it down in the booklet and I never asked for it. When the school asked for the information about their vaccinations I called the doctor (and Algoma Health for the ones done by the school), asked when they had what and wrote it down. I only have the booklets for two of the four kids and never had a problem before. (The two I have the booklets for are 17 and 19 and they wanted them for college).

lynys
01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I had a booklet for me when I was just a little rugrat. :)

It is kept track of on file though, so you don't have to worry about them messing up any of your vaccinations. I had one of my Hep A shots done before Jamaica in October, and they knew based on checking out my file that I had not received my tet**** in about 13 years. Lovely nurse made me roll up my other sleeve. :sangry: