PDA

View Full Version : IF......

Giggle Squirt
01-28-2010, 08:33 PM
you child soiled themselves and the school sent them home on the bus would you be pissed?

dancingqueen
01-28-2010, 08:41 PM
yes, they should have called you

Macs II
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
I changed my own diapers when I was 9 months old

KRP
01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Yes of course I would be.

My son didn't make it to the bathroom in time (bathroom is near the other end of the school from his JK class), he made it into the bathroom but didn't get his pants down in time and peed himself. His teacher took the extra pair of pants and underwear I keep in his backpack and changed him and put the wet pants and underwear in a plastic bag and put it in his backpack before coming home. His teacher keeps extra clothes and underwear in the cupboard just incase one of the students has an accident and don't have an extra change of clothes. She changes them right away and if it is close to the time they are getting on their bus, she will have the helper explain to the driver why there is a few min. wait while she changes them before putting them on the bus.

everywoman
01-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes, I'd be pissed! Not necessary. There should be a better plan in place than that!!

Dragonfly
01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I would definately be ticked off. I would be giving that teacher a piece of my mind for sure.

Xzavia
01-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Whoa! The teacher made the child sit in it???? I'm surprised anyone would even allow that, yes it'd be uncomfortable for the child but for the other kids as well, no?

He did it at school? And not on the bus on the way home? I'd be raising some hell if it was mine and that happened. Least they could have done was to call you.

When my boys were in kindergarden the teacher requested a change of clothes for each child, put in a bag and labelled which she kept in a cupboard should the need for them ever arrise.

rmkryan
01-28-2010, 09:31 PM
why would you assume it was the teacher. What if it was the principl who didn't call until the child was walking through the door from getting off the bus.

Xzavia
01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
okay, sorry...whoever made the child sit in it.

Striker
01-28-2010, 09:51 PM
you child soiled themselves and the school sent them home on the bus would you be pissed?

Who knows at wiich point of the day it happened.If at the end of the class the accident occured, then the teacher may not have been aware of it.How old is the student? The reason I ask is the younger students were at one point required to bring a change of clothes that was left at school for the said reason.

Your post lacks the necessary information to give an informed opinion.

rmkryan
01-28-2010, 09:54 PM
principal knew about it but failed to call the parent but instead sent the student on the bus becuase it was "near the end of the day" then called the parents when the child was comming through the door.

Striker
01-28-2010, 10:02 PM
principal knew about it but failed to call the parent but instead sent the student on the bus becuase it was "near the end of the day" then called the parents when the child was comming through the door.

Which means the principle will claim it was too late to change the clothes, or was it a change of clothes was not available? If the clothes were available and this is not an ongoing problem,the principal should be answering some questions.Why would he/she want to humiliate a child in front of his friends?............very sad

Evil Monkey
01-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I think you guys should start a petition to have that woman removed as principal. She is an air head and should not be in charge of anything!

Macs II
01-28-2010, 10:49 PM
all I can say is ..bunch of sucky babies......kids at that age should know better

No Drama Please
01-28-2010, 10:50 PM
It seems that principal has no concern for the feelings of chrildren. If she does something that callous I can only imagine what other things go on. She needs to be held accontable for her actions. By addressing the issue and any issues surrounding the incident, you may be helping alot of kids in the future. A principal has a responsibility to protect and nurture the children in her care.

Macs II
01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
4 year olds have accidents.

maybe 2 -3 ..but not 4-5 unless there's something wrong with them

No Drama Please
01-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Kids even older than 4 can have an accident when they are in a situation where they are too intimidated by the authorities to ask to leave the room.

bluekrissyspikes
01-28-2010, 10:57 PM
if it was within a few minutes of bus time and they put snow pants on him it might be understandable. maybe they figured it would be faster for them to get home on the bus then wait for the parent to come. or they could have had their hands full with more serious issues at the time. i'd be upset but not pissed.

Macs II
01-28-2010, 11:19 PM
My daughter has had 1 on the bus and I was not happy.Now before she gets on the bus they send her to go. Its a long ride.

I can understand that ..but the original poster said it happened at school ..not on the bus .....schools have washrooms

NewCasa
01-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't care how macho you think you are you don't look like a very big man if you'd treat a little kid like that.

Browster
01-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Why is it people always post stuff on here and then dont respond to anything? They just sit back and read whats going on in the thread, until the post gets way off topic and then complain when it does...

NewCasa
01-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Why is it people always post stuff on here and then dont respond to anything? They just sit back and read whats going on in the thread, until the post gets way off topic and then complain when it does...

Like you're trying to do?

NewCasa
01-28-2010, 11:28 PM
What are you talking about? No one is macho?

Read MKII's post before mine. He's thinking he's a big shot because he can push around a 4 year old. Big man.

Macs II
01-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Read MKII's post before mine. He's thinking he's a big shot because he can push around a 4 year old. Big man.

Just exactly where did I push a 4 year old around?

No Drama Please
01-28-2010, 11:48 PM

Do you change own DEPENDS now or does your Mom take care of that for you? :)

Macs II
01-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Do you change own DEPENDS now or does your Mom take care of that for you? :)

I was ahead of my time ..so what :)

NewCasa
01-28-2010, 11:51 PM
all I can say is ..bunch of sucky babies......kids at that age should know better

Just exactly where did I push a 4 year old around?

Exactly? Let's see.....

Yeah ok so now deny it. Feel free. Everyone reading this knows from what you've read that you are trying to come off like a big shot at the expense of a four year old.

Macs II
01-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Exactly? Let's see.....

Yeah ok so now deny it. Feel free. Everyone reading this knows from what you've read that you are trying to come off like a big shot at the expense of a four year old.

because I think a 4 year old should be able to use a washroom when he/she needs to ...........that makes me a big shot? ........so be it lol

Super Gram
01-29-2010, 12:34 AM

You mean you were not trained by then.

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Ooh Ooh allow me to get involved. Clint Eastwood is a caca poo poo pee pee face.

Macs II
01-29-2010, 12:56 AM
You mean you were not trained by then.
No I wasn't .....and I was year and a half by the time I knew how to make my own breakfast

Tutones
01-29-2010, 01:06 AM

At the school? NOPE. At my child? Frustrated, maybe.

dancingqueen
01-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Well, I remember a kid in grade 4 that made a mess, I think he was ill and had an "emergency" and he didn't make it on time. Crap happens MK (no pun intended..... well, maybe a little hehehe) we called his parent immediately so someone could bring him a change of clothes. One incident of that, no matter the reason is enough to land you the title of "looser" for the rest of your school life. Helping to avoid social ridicule would have been a nice thing to do on the teacher/principal's part IMO.
I remember in elementary school that if you where out at recess and you had to go you had to convince the yard duty person to let you go, just wrong... no one should have to ask if they may go to the washroom, I don't care how old you are.

dancingqueen
01-29-2010, 01:35 AM
No I wasn't .....and I was year and a half by the time I knew how to make my own breakfast

and was fighting fire-breathing dinosaurs with a stick by 2?
walked up hill to school, both ways and all that?
:tongue:

dancingqueen
01-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Ooh Ooh allow me to get involved. Clint Eastwood is a caca poo poo pee pee face.

NU-UH!!
my dad can beat your dad up!

Dragonfly
01-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Why would you be frusturated with the child and not the school? If the school KNEW the kid peed their pants and just let them sit in it, thats just wrong. (if thats what happened) Sure maybe the kid should know better, but accidents friggin happen and teachers are there to make sure the kids are well taken care of...not that they are sitting in their own urine. Sitting in pee is extremely uncomfortable to begin with but now its there for everyone to make fun of the kid too. Lovely.

No Drama Please
01-29-2010, 08:25 AM
As I said before, the child was left in a situation where he was too intimidated by the person in charge to ask to leave the room. No child should ever have to feel that way.

Dragonfly
01-29-2010, 08:36 AM
I agree, when I was in gradeschool, we had to ask to go (Obviously) and then often we were told no, wait till recess or just plain no. I have to pee 700 times a day and did when I was a kid too, but they didnt care, too bad for me, wait till recess even though I had to go alllll the time.

Karmael
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
When my son attended school in the Sault , he would come home with "accidents" quite frequently. When I asked him why he said they weren't allowing him to go when he needed to go. I immediately called the school and spoke w/ the principal to find out why my son wasn't allowed to use the washroom.

I was advised that occasionally he would goof around in the bathroom (what kid doesn't? lol) so they would tell him no. I told him under no circumstances were they to tell my son he couldn't go.. When he has to go he has to go end of discussion.

I spoke to my son and told him that playing in the bathroom when he really should be in class isn't right and there is only one reason why he should be in the bathroom during class time; that was the end of that too!

bluekrissyspikes
01-29-2010, 10:53 AM
teach your kid that if they need to go, go regardless of if they have permission or not

HDV
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
I agree, when I was in gradeschool, we had to ask to go (Obviously) and then often we were told no, wait till recess or just plain no. I have to pee 700 times a day and did when I was a kid too, but they didnt care, too bad for me, wait till recess even though I had to go alllll the time.

That is true, When i was in elementary school i would be denied all the time to go to the bathroom. I was told to wait. You cant tell a kid to wait. Thats not healthy or right.
I did not read all the post so it could have been discussed already, but maybe the kid made a accident in his or her pants on the bus or just at the end of the day and the teacher did not know. Who knows. Cant blame the teacher or principle unless you know for sure he or she knew the kid was dirty and just let it be. And if they did know and did not call you then i d raise a stink.
It would be a good idea for younger kids to pack a spare set of clothes in their bag for incidents like this.

icecapp
01-29-2010, 12:32 PM

I only quoted you because You straight out said it was near the end of the day..

YES I WOULD BE EXTREMELY PISSED..

FIRST OF ALL...DO THESE PEOPLE NOT REALIZE IT IS WINTER? ITS cold out there, IF he sat in it in the snow pants, then in turns makes the snow pants wet, then in turn gos out side, THAT little butt or Weapon(*****) COULD freeze and actually get frost bitten..

ITS just plain commen sense to call home, NOT only for the purpose of either to bring this child clean Dry cloths, but for the purpose to ensure this child is safe..

They put that child on a bus with wet pants they are also soooooo spreading germs...

TO ME IT IS WRONG, and I would be going to the head of the board.. its just plain commen sense.....

My child spills soup on his shirt and they change his cloths, or have him do it. My childs school also has racks for all the childs mittens... to dry out during instructional time.. to ensure the kids are not going out with wet cloths, my son has even said one day the bottom of his pant leg had gotten wet and they kept him at recess...

I could go on and on about how wrong I think it is.. but Ill stop here. JMO.. there is absolutly no excuse for it..

Xzavia
01-29-2010, 07:09 PM
How'd you make out today?

I've heard horror stories where kids feel intimidated by their teachers or peers, if you don't get anywhere with them go above their heads. Most teachers are worth their weight in gold, then there's the others...

I've had issues with situations at my kid's school, now they know if anything happens with my kids I'll be there looking for answers and what are they doing about it. At first my kids didn't like "tattling" with what was happening, I explained that it was just going to keep on happeneing over and over if something wasn't done.

Muffin
01-29-2010, 10:03 PM
yes, i'd be livid! that's gross - poor little person who had to sit in the soiled pants on the way home.

Macs II
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
still sounds like a sucky baby to me ...probably the kid still wets his bed too ....and it has nothing to do with intimidating teachers

NewCasa
01-29-2010, 10:46 PM
still sounds like a sucky baby to me ...probably the kid still wets his bed too ....and it has nothing to do with intimidating teachers

Here we go again.... 'Clint' has to do his thing. You know - I've met the kid and he's totally not a wuss.

Dragonfly
01-29-2010, 10:48 PM

Sounds to me like your parents weren't very nice to you...

Macs II
01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Sounds to me like your parents weren't very nice to you...

I'd say so .....they didn't care if I had a seat belt on....they let me ride my bike without a helmet .....my dad even smoked in a car .....just bad parents ...I must disown them now

Dragonfly
01-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Give 'er

Giggle Squirt
01-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Well my son is not a wuss and it was not the teacher. I have no issues with the teacher. It was the principal. Some issue happened at recess and my son was sitting in her office. She was not in there and he didn't want to just get up and leave and get in more trouble. So he had an accident. The principal knew. This happened at around 2:45, he does not get home until 3:30 on the bus. she called me at 3:20 to give me a heads up that my son was comming home like that so she knew. She said she didn't want to call me bcause it was close to the end of the day anyways and she thought it would be easier then calling me and having me get the other kids in the car and come and get him. it also kind of blew our plans out of the water because he had to get his snowpants washed and we were supposed to go sliding right after school. Not to mention now my son does not want to go to school and is extreamly embarrassed.