PDA

View Full Version : bumper ding

ed young
01-30-2010, 08:49 AM
To who ever hit my car last night downtown and damaged the bumper enough that it will have to be replaced and did not leave a note thanks for being gutless and having absolutely no backbone whatsoever. It is such a shame that some people refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

Giggle Squirt
01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Just be happy it wasn't a more serious accident. I agree some people need to learn to stand up and take responsibility for their actions.

everywoman
01-30-2010, 01:33 PM
What a piss off!! Sorry to hear that happened to you. Friggin people.

Peety
01-30-2010, 01:39 PM
People are not very nice. If it happens to them look out!

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-31-2010, 07:55 PM
If I were to hit someones car and nobody saw, I would take off. Who wants to pay for things if they don't have to. Also cats don't get second chances. They get put down!

verotik66
01-31-2010, 08:22 PM
you should have gotten Councillor David Celetti to watch your car, he likes to spend time downtown.

IMHO
01-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Celetti will get the city to pay for it IF a parking meter fell on your bumper.

official soonet pu$$ycat
01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Unless its a girly parking meter. Then he would probably say it belongs on its knees.

gizmoguy
02-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Depending on where your car was parked, I don't know that it would have made a difference anyway. I believe the way Ontario's limited (emphasis on limited) no-fault insurance operates, if your car is hit while parked, it falls under your insurance and not the other person's. I know it makes no sense, but a friend had their car hit in a public parking lot and the damage was so bad that the car had to be completley written off. There were witnesses and the person who hit the vehicle stayed and was identified by police. You would think it would fall on the insurance of the person who hit the vehicle to own up for the damage caused by their client, but the way that the police and insurance companies explained it, because the car was parked at the time, it counted as no fault and therefore, my friend (or rather, their insurance company) was responsible for their own car, while the person who hit them (or rather, their own insurance company) that was responsible for thier own vehicle. Regardless of the outcome, my friend had to pay the deductible and watched their own premium skyrocket the next year. Even a few years later, it's still hundreds higher than it was before the accident.

Miles From Nowhere
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I was hit in a parking lot when another driver took at turn too sharp and I drove into his drivers door. Insurance companies will still assess percentage of fault even on private property. I was deemed to be 100% not at fault and my repairs were made at no cost to me including a vehicle rental. I'm sure this also includes parked vehicles as long as the other driver reports the collision. My bumper cover was the only thing damaged and was replaced at a cost of about $800. There was already damage to it from before, when I was hit in a parking lot and no one reported it. I would hazard a guess to say that if there are no other witnesses, I'm sure a majority of people would not offer their insurance info if they hit another car in a parking lot.