PDA

View Full Version : Google chrome now has extensions

Hans
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Like the title says.

Koss
02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Ive come to use Chrome as my everyday browser now. FF has become just as bloated as IE albeit more secure with a bunch of neat extensions). I love the simplicity and intuitiveness of Chrome. Heck, I don't even need my bookmarks as I can just start typing the name of the site I'm going to and it actively starts searching for what I'm looking for. Most of the time it has the address in 4-5 characters.

The only thing I'm worried about is that fact that Chrome is Google and Google is in the search and advertising business. Just how much info are they getting about me and my internet usage and what will they do with it?

Hans
02-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I use chrome as my main browser itself. It does the trick, and it does it well.

Andre
02-04-2010, 07:12 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is that fact that Chrome is Google and Google is in the search and advertising business. Just how much info are they getting about me and my internet usage and what will they do with it?

That kind of bugs me a little too. Google is in the information business so you can be pretty sure they save everything you do. Even more so apparently if you are logged into google.
The main extension I was waiting for was adblock. To bad it doesn't block ads from loading and just hides them. Better than nothing I suppose but still prefer Firefox.

Koss
02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
of course it doesn't block them. They are all Google ads to begin with. :)