PDA

View Full Version : When Will People Learn To LOCK

Super Gram
02-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Their cars. But take out all the valueable stuff . I don't feel sorry for them in the least.

http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=44485

GRUMPY
02-03-2010, 08:40 AM
no argument there,but it will always be somebody else's fault.

icecapp
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
we useds to live on douglas street. lived there long enough to unpack and then to pack back up and move.. we paid our first and last month the first month we moved in and gave him the last month cause we moved out.. we moved in on the first moved out on the 20th of the same month..

In that month we used to look both our vehicles up. one got broken into.. Nothing was in there.. but they sure scattered the ownership papers and insurance slips through the car.. undid the carseats... and in our other vehicle broke the back door look... and then one week after that happened.. we found the neighbours kid.. 6yrs old in our living room at 2 am.. cause the landlord in the past had showen her how to get in if there was a emrgancy.... talk about wow.. AND yes our house was LOCKED so we thought....

where we live now.. I always lock the car truck, any anything else but I dont really worry so much around here like I used to on douglas....

YA its not fair.. BUT people do it regardless if things are locked or not....

official soonet pu$$ycat
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Nevermind locking doors. Just don't keep valuables in there. They aren't afraid to break windows.

Strife
02-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Nevermind locking doors. Just don't keep valuables in there. They aren't afraid to break windows.

I agree. If you dont leave valuables in your car, the less attractive your car is to be broken into.

There was no mention in the article if the windows were smashed or if the cars were left unlocked. I have no sympathy for owners who leave their doors unlocked.

HDV
02-03-2010, 11:40 AM

thats true not too long ago my sister in law had her car broken into, they threw a rock through the window.

HDV
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
and then one week after that happened.. we found the neighbours kid.. 6yrs old in our living room at 2 am.. cause the landlord in the past had showen her how to get in if there was a emrgancy.... talk about wow..

Nice. A 6 year old at 2am. where the heck were the parents? thats young to be breaking into homes at 2am. gheez. i hope you called the police. thats just wrong. Was this kid trying to steal stuff?

icecapp
02-03-2010, 11:46 AM
the parents when my husband spoke to them really had no concern, they said the old tenants used to just let her stay there.. shed come in and help herself to the fridge and everything.. even if my doors were locked she would knock and knock and knock.. then one night she just let herself in... and told us she new how to get in, cause the landlord showed her.. In all honesty I dont think her parents were all there, and there was no sense calling childrens aid cause there were there every second day as it was.... I felt kinda sorry for the kid.. but on the other hand.. got very aggravated also...

Super Gram
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
We don't lock our car in the carport because there is nothing in there. When we go shopping we lock the door. But holy moley leaving a laptop in a car locked or not is trouble. The police said put it in the trunk if you want to leave it there.

Peety
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
We don't lock our car in the carport because there is nothing in there. When we go shopping we lock the door. But holy moley leaving a laptop in a car locked or not is trouble. The police said put it in the trunk if you want to leave it there.

I have nothing to steal in my truck.

Strife
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
If people start leaving their valuables in the trunk, than thieves will start poppin trunks to get the stuff. The simple solution....DONT LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR CAR!

everywoman
02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I know someone who got their purse stolen out of their car a few months ago. OMG! As a woman, I would NEVER NEVER EVER leave my frickin purse in my car!

dancingqueen
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
as a man I'd never leave my purse in the car....

everywoman
02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Then we're on the same page!! ;)

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't even leave my ownership or insurance slips in my car. The only thing they might get out of my car is a few stale cheerios. Not only is it stupid to leave a laptop in a car and have it stolen, but think of all the damage that could happen to it with the screen possibly cracking, moisture getting into the electronics from condensation just not good at all.