PDA

View Full Version : Email scam of the week

A*lil*Loopy
02-04-2010, 04:11 PM
This is what I found in my mailbox. To think that some people could possibly be stupid enough to respond is hard to imagine.

I just wanted to share just in case you were another local user who are scratching their head over this too. At least this one is simple, they didn't spend too much time on details either. Straight to the point asking for username and passwords.

Dear "on.aibn.com" E-mail user,

This message is from our messaging center to all our e-mail account owners.All
Inactive accounts will be removed to make room for new
accounts.You are also advised to provide us with the under listed
information, so we check the status of your e-mail account;
Full Name:
E-mail Username:
E-mail Password:
Warning! Not doing this will instantly make your account inactive.
SEND TO DETAILS upgradeunit11@admin.in.th

So I guess I won't be sending or receiving emails anymore, oh darn.

Super Gram
02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Thats a pretty good one Loopy.My daughter is a law clerk who works for a lawyer. Wonder if they got one.

Got a good one in my shaw mail "junk box". prescription drugs anything you want. Prices run from .93 cents to $1.20 each pill.It's Canadian too.

dancingqueen
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I keep getting Russian *****s who want to marry me... not really something I'm interested in :/
Can't even speak decent English... prolly don't know ho to cook either.... I don't know what someone would want with these women....

GRUMPY
02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
that I can believe, while others might have a use for them

HDV
02-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Loopy , that email has been around for years..lol Which just proves its a scam. I dont get why people want to steal others emails?

A*lil*Loopy
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I find some of the email scams entertaining, funny in fact. I always get a kick out of them and wonder how many different ones are around.
Some are complicated and almost believable because of the effort they put in designing them and making them look legit, others are so simple that it must have been a passing thought.

HDV
02-06-2010, 09:51 AM
I find some of the email scams entertaining, funny in fact. I always get a kick out of them and wonder how many different ones are around.
Some are complicated and almost believable because of the effort they put in designing them and making them look legit, others are so simple that it must have been a passing thought.

I know eh. I remember getting one from the FBI..telling me that they have reason to believe that my bank account was being scammed. A bank account I don't even have. But they wanted to pin numbers and account numbers to stop this from happening. What a joke. I laughed when they signed it, "the FBI"