PDA

View Full Version : Sore toungue

IMHO
02-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Almost every couple of days after I eat, a sore will pop up on the underside,edge of my tongue. I find this especially with ice cream or something salty. Is it an allergy...too much sodium?

HDV
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
sounds exactly like a canker. They are not serious just annoying and painful and go away after a day or two.
You are more likely to get cankers after salty foods. They are white, small and hurt when you touch it. i dont think there's really much you can do they go away on their own after a couple days. You can buy canker sore gel , its like oragel and put it on the canker to numb the pain if it is really really sore.

yoda
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
7UP, I don't know how old you are but I have known a few people in their 50's who were diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and their main complaint was a sore red tongue. I think their whole tongue was sore though

b&aMom
02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Wish I'd seen this earlier. I've got one daughter that had cankers in her mouth fairly often. Bought Amosan rinse at the pharmacy, it did nothing. Read online from an online buddy that almond extract, in those little bottles in the baking section of the grocery store, works great. Bought some, place a few drops on a qtip, held it on the canker for about 20 seconds, and by the next day it's gone. Tastes good, too. LOL Has worked every time for her, cheap, easy, and edible.