PDA

View Full Version : National Geographic Channel

Oscar_Leroy
02-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Just a quick question for those who know. I have been looking forward to watching a show on the National Geographic channel for some time now but noticed it is not on as advertised. Website says the show is on at 8, Shaw says the show is not on at all.. Is this just us Canadians getting different programming? The show is 'In Search Of Noah's Ark' for those wondering.

02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately Canada and the US both have different feeds. The Canadian feed tends to have more Canadian content, or just different programming in general. I'm assuming you were on www.nationalgeographic.com and not www.nationalgeographic.ca As the .CA makes no mention of the show being on.

Oscar_Leroy
02-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah I never thought to go to the .ca website. Stupid on my part. I was looking forward to that show though. I was actually looking at the difference in programming and the American channel has way more interesting content. Oh well.

Seraph
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I call it the Dog Whisperer channel here. That seems to be all they play.

There are several awesome documentaries on that topic. I have one great one downloaded on one of my hard drives around here somewhere but I got that one from a free video website.

It's come to the point where if something good is on I'll tune in but if I want to watch a topic of interest it's Veoh or youtube all the way.

Mainly because I get in my comfy chair in my spot with my headphones and have my moments. Especially for interesting documentaries!

Huggy85
02-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I call it the Dog Whisperer channel here.

I'm so very tired of that show

Seraph
02-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm so very tired of that show

He was cute for a while. Cute like a psycho chihuahua. After a while when it's still doing the same thing you start to back away slowly and forget about it.

Giggle Squirt
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
hey what do you have against chihuahuas?

Seraph
02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
hey what do you have against chihuahuas?

Nothing, just the psycho ones. They're scarier than any other psycho dog. I would rather be taken down by a big dog than suffer the pain of those sharp needle teeth.

I've been attacked by one and man you don't know how seriously you have to take those little guys until one confronts you.

Wolf? Bear? Swamp Donkey? Bring it on....

Ankle biter...Back away slowly.

Nah I like em , when they're trained and affectionate I really do love them. I tattooed one on someone a few weeks ago too!

Giggle Squirt
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok good, because if you didn't like them, I have a pair here that I would stick on you LOL

Seraph
02-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Ok good, because if you didn't like them, I have a pair here that I would stick on you LOL

Nono, as long as they're cool with me I'll be their buddy.

I just remember when I was like 19 my dad left to go out with his friends and they left my friends and I at home to watch their dog who kind of hated people all together. His owner was a really, really good looking lady and we all kind of had a crush on her so we wanted to take really good care of her dog and it didn't go down that way at all.

Just think of three teenage boys in the back yard trying to get a really angry chihuahua to come inside the house because the yard was only partially fenced in and it was on the attack...

b&aMom
02-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Same thing happens with Discovery Channel, as well. Something will be advertised and run in the US, but it takes six months before it's run here. It infuriates me.