PDA

View Full Version : Teaching them young!

Evil Monkey
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I was in the Cambrian Mall today in a few stores. I noticed a younger guy, his significant other two twins which I am assuming were their children. These little kids were no more than a year old.
The were shoplifting in Winners, Bentley, and that little tanning and gift store across from hollywood. So the owner of the place sees him on cam trying to steal a purse and put it under his coat. He grabs the guy and tells him he is calling the cops. His gf or whatever she was and the kids takes off into the washroom and dumps their stash from previous stores. The owner tells his staff to call the cops and then tells the thief he is lucky no one else caught him and broke his neck. When the cops get there, I stayed as I was a witness, he tries to say that he was assaulted and threatened by the business owner. What a crock. Anyways he gets arrested and she gets to sit in the mall hallway looking like a tuna and does not even get charged after the found a stash of stolen good in the ladies washroom.. I can not believe that people would take their babies with them when they go out shop lifting. People such as these should have their kids taken from them and put into homes where they will be parented properly!!

MaO3
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Un-friggen-believable!

Even after the stash was found she wasnt' charged? Thats just wrong.
At least they got caught and you stayed to back up the store owner. Good for you Evil

Evil Monkey
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
As of when I left she had not been charged. Not sure if they charged her after I left???

Strife
02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
For once I will agree with you. This is a perfect example of bad parenting. If these parents are making such wrong decisions as this, then what else are they doing wrong?

Barry Morris
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Childrens Aid number is 949-0162.

Next time, call it.

Upper Decker
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I witnessed the same thing recently in zellers and it disgusted me more than you can imagine. We were at the rear of the store waiting for a friend to pick us up when a woman and a 3 year old were about to leave when the alarm went off. The woman promptly started unloading things from the kids' backpack and threw them on a shelf and told the kid " sorry i cant get your present today". Normally I wouldnt give a rats ass if someone was stealing as its none of my business, but when you use your kid as part of your thieving I felt I had to say something. I informed the lady at the cash of what happened and told them she dumped the crap in front of the camera. Unfortunatly my ride showed up so I never did find out what happened. Disgusting in my opinion.

Seraph
02-08-2010, 07:59 PM
The police are supposed to call CAS when anything like this happens, it's their job if a child is being taken care of by someone who is doing something they should not be doing with the kids. Like oh say committing crimes.

Both parents should have been arrested plain and simple.

I find that when police come into a situation they'll get someone and forget that there are other people there involved.
Like when I got attacked I was arrested, they realized it was me that got attacked and never bothered to go back out and arrest the person who attacked me, even after getting a signed confession from the person who attacked me. Wild eh? That's just.. beautiful.

Shopping with kids means you have to have that diaper bag on you at all times, so the cashier won't ask you to hide it behind the counter while you shop. I use mine to sneak healthy snacks into the movies. Other parents use it to sneak stolen merchandise out of stores.

dancingqueen
02-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Childrens Aid number is 949-0162.

Next time, call it.
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Amaranth
02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I witnessed the same thing recently in zellers and it disgusted me more than you can imagine. We were at the rear of the store waiting for a friend to pick us up when a woman and a 3 year old were about to leave when the alarm went off. The woman promptly started unloading things from the kids' backpack and threw them on a shelf and told the kid " sorry i cant get your present today". Normally I wouldnt give a rats ass if someone was stealing as its none of my business, but when you use your kid as part of your thieving I felt I had to say something. I informed the lady at the cash of what happened and told them she dumped the crap in front of the camera. Unfortunatly my ride showed up so I never did find out what happened. Disgusting in my opinion.

I was going to post that. I was so disgusted by that woman. The poor kid was crying, it was almost Christmas and his mother was telling him he can't have a present. Not to mention it was Child Tax Benefit day and she had lots of bags from other places that she had alreayd bought.

Evil Monkey
02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I knew the guy from somewhere too. I am sure they will be making their appearance on Sootoday in the morning anyways!

Seraph
02-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I was going to post that. I was so disgusted by that woman. The poor kid was crying, it was almost Christmas and his mother was telling him he can't have a present. Not to mention it was Child Tax Benefit day and she had lots of bags from other places that she had alreayd bought.

I hate that.
It is depressing on that day when I take the kids out to spend money on THEM how many moms I see walking around with bags from stores that do not sell children's things.
Last month on the 20th I felt so guilty for spending $60 on a few sweaters and new shirts that I went right to a kids store and spent just as much on each of my kids Plus their toys they get every month plus I bought them lunch, plus I bought my daughter something fancy and expensive and bought them treats and rides on the toys in the mall, took them to the movies the following day where they again got treats and treatment.

I have money, my kids get to see it spent on them, groceries and sometimes me, but don't tell anyone I own all of 5 newer shirts while she owns just as many princess dressup outfits. ( flower girl dresses and dance costume.)

Macs II
02-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Last month on the 20th I felt so guilty for spending $60 on a few sweaters and new shirts that I went right to a kids store and spent just as much on each of my kids Plus their toys they get every month plus I bought them lunch, plus I bought my daughter something fancy and expensive and bought them treats and rides on the toys in the mall, took them to the movies the following day where they again got treats and treatment.

I have money, my kids get to see it spent on them, groceries and sometimes me, but don't tell anyone I own all of 5 newer shirts while she owns just as many princess dressup outfits. ( flower girl dresses and dance costume.)

I really don't know if I should feel sorry for you ...you just have no idea what it means to be a good parent.

Seraph
02-08-2010, 11:03 PM
I really don't know if I should feel sorry for you ...you just have no idea what it means to be a good parent.

Yes I do. Just because all my money goes to feeding and clothing my kids does not mean that is the only attention I give them. They get all my attention, all my energy, all my money and all my time.

I'm the kind of parent who will come in the door having to use the wash room worse than I can stand but I'll swallow it up until the kids are inside, stuff off and put away and they're settled into an activity so I can leave them for 30 seconds.

bluekrissyspikes
02-09-2010, 03:53 AM
these people are sick. Cas won't do anything about it either, i bet. my SIL is one of those parents that takes her kid shoplifting. She even got caught and arrested WITH him there(stealing an expensive x-mas toy) and only had to pay a $50 donation to the food bank. meanwhile she did exactly what the lady fudd rucker saw did, and told him she guesses he isn't going to get any presents because mommy is not allowed in the mall anymore. and she gets so upset when she notices store people following her around. they have to though because they have to follow the proper procedures in order to get someone arrested for shoplifting. she has now moves cities twice because everyone was on to her in the stores she frequented. i even resorted to calling cas myself because my nephew is now a theif and that upsets me. i don't even talk to her anymore and this is half the reason, along with her constant need for drama and attention. anyways, these people need to learn a lesson one way or another and i feel bad for the kids that are forced into that lifestyle. scared for life.

Seraph
02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
these people are sick. Cas won't do anything about it either, i bet. my SIL is one of those parents that takes her kid shoplifting. She even got caught and arrested WITH him there(stealing an expensive x-mas toy) and only had to pay a $50 donation to the food bank. meanwhile she did exactly what the lady fudd rucker saw did, and told him she guesses he isn't going to get any presents because mommy is not allowed in the mall anymore. and she gets so upset when she notices store people following her around. they have to though because they have to follow the proper procedures in order to get someone arrested for shoplifting. she has now moves cities twice because everyone was on to her in the stores she frequented. i even resorted to calling cas myself because my nephew is now a theif and that upsets me. i don't even talk to her anymore and this is half the reason, along with her constant need for drama and attention. anyways, these people need to learn a lesson one way or another and i feel bad for the kids that are forced into that lifestyle. scared for life.

There are groups for these kind of people to talk about that kind of problem.
People who compulsively shoplift actually have a psychological problem. It's something that very few of them can control. Even people who have a lot of money will steal because they need the attention. No one should be paying attention to the shoplifting until her underlying issues are dealt with.
She does need to be punished for her crime however she first needs to receive the other attention she needs so she can see how crime was not truly fulling the gap in her life.
Just like an anorexic needs to understand why being 90lbs isn't OKAY and have that love and affection attention at any weight, before the behaviour is picked up but the kids. A kleptomaniac needs to be loved with attention and affection so that they realize they don't need to fill the gap with stolen merchandise.

After that you don't even need to say "that was wrong" they know. And they'll get a guilt pile up. Survive that without blocking it out, and they will be fine as they can ever be.

Blunt
02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I hate that.
It is depressing on that day when I take the kids out to spend money on THEM how many moms I see walking around with bags from stores that do not sell children's things.

They probably have more money than you, and perhaps, just maybe, already bought their kids all kinds of stuff. Maybe their kids have more stuff than they know what to do with.

Maybe you're not depressed because moms are buying bags of goods from stores that do not sell children's stuff, maybe you're depressed because those mom's can afford to buy bags of goods from whatever store they like. Since you only spend your money on your kids, you feel that everyone should have to do the same; even those who can afford to do both.

Consumerism is bad if it's not directed towards children? Is that your stance?

Come on, get off your high horse.