PDA

View Full Version : The Microsoft Solution ... please perform this before asking tech questions.

Scoff
02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi People:

I don't come to this area much as my job revolves around software development and I really don't feel like throwing out free advice when I have to do it all day. I do notice a trend though ...

One thing I will say that I say to everyone is this:

If you are currently experiencing a problem with your PC and something does not seem to be working, or recognizing whatever it may be, there is a known highly advanced method of PC repair that is simply known in the IT world as "The Microsoft Solution."

This highly advanced technique is known to solve a rediculous amount of PC problems that the average end user goes through and the how-to is below.

1) Reboot your computer
2) See if it fixed the problem

Please don't bother your locally techie until you've tried this method, you will be surprised by the amount of problems that are rectified by this technique.

Strife
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
If you really dont like throwing around free advice, than just dont post here. Simple as that.

Scoff
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Even the mediocre IT society in Algoma such as yourself would benefit from such mundane theories.

How's that call-center treating you little man? Mom's basement?

Strife
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Dont work at a call center nor do I live with my mother.

Scoff
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Ahh great, you moved out finally.

Good for you ... you're growing up.

Strife
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I think you have me mistaken for someone else. In any case, like I said, if you dont want to bestow your profound knowledge on the rest of us lowlife computer, PEBKAC sufferers, than dont. Simple as that!

Scoff
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't have you mistaken ... you're the IT tech wannabe that lived in your Mom's basement for the longest time collecting some kind of social assistance. Have you finally upgraded? Maybe you can buy a new Leaf's jersey and hat.

Not sure what you're so miffed at ... did I belittle you as a techie (wannabe)? I'm trying to save you some time so you don't have to answer the most remedial of questions. The post is to the users smart-guy ... not the techies and it's true, users just need to reboot sometimes. That went over your head obviously.

When you do substantial work in the field all day you won't want to be dealing with remedial issues on your spare time. Trust me.

PS: THEN

Scoff
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I was in a certain insurance broker last year to get a quote and the representative activated her "sticky keys" by accident and she proceeded to call her tech. I told her to reboot and that she had simply activated sticky keys (easier to tell her to reboot) ... anyways, she proceeds to make me wait 15-20 minutes while she waits for her tech to call and I ocassionally mention she should reboot to solve the issue. She refused to listen and even got pissy with me.

Finally the tech calls her and I can hear her ... "Oh, really? That's all I have to do?" Click, she hangs up.

"What did he say?" I asked her.

"Never mind.", she says as she reboots her computer.

"Well, thanks for your time but I don't think it's a good idea to get my insurance here." I told her. So I walked out.

Yes, PEBCAK & she could've saved a lot of trouble by using .... The Microsoft Solution.

Strife
02-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I don't have you mistaken ... you're the IT tech wannabe that lived in your Mom's basement for the longest time collecting some kind of social assistance. Have you finally upgraded? Maybe you can buy a new Leaf's jersey and hat.

Not sure what you're so miffed at ... did I belittle you as a techie (wannabe)? I'm trying to save you some time so you don't have to answer the most remedial of questions. The post is to the users smart-guy ... not the techies and it's true, users just need to reboot sometimes. That went over your head obviously.

When you do substantial work in the field all day you won't want to be dealing with remedial issues on your spare time. Trust me.

PS: THEN

No, you do have me mistaken. I havent lived with my mother since I was ten years old. Even then, I only lived with her for 5 months. Get your facts straight before you start belittling someone. I dont consider myself a techie but I am proficient. I may not be a tech guru but I know my way around.

Like I said, if you dont want to deal with the less meaningful questions posted here, than simply dont answer them.

Cher
02-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Since switching to a Mac, I haven't had any problems... :P

Strife
02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Since switching to a Mac, I haven't had any problems... :P

I have considered switching to a Mac but they are way too expensive for my likings.

Scoff
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
No, you do have me mistaken. I havent lived with my mother since I was ten years old. Even then, I only lived with her for 5 months. Get your facts straight before you start belittling someone. I dont consider myself a techie but I am proficient. I may not be a tech guru but I know my way around.

Like I said, if you dont want to deal with the less meaningful questions posted here, than simply dont answer them.

God, I'm such a keyword trendsetter here ...

You like that word "belittle" don't ya.

P.S: THEN!!

"if you dont want to deal with the less meaningful questions posted here, than simply dont answer them"
I haven't and I don't plan on it, you joined and answered on this thread didn't you? How about if you don't like feeling "belittled" THEN don't post because I'm already NOT answering the questions.

Don't worry, I'll go nice and slow for you from now on.

Strife
02-18-2010, 04:30 PM
If you dont plan on answering questions here, than why post this. Most of the issues here arent solved by a simple reboot.

Scoff
02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
No, you do have me mistaken. I havent lived with my mother since I was ten years old. Even then, I only lived with her for 5 months. Get your facts straight before you start belittling someone.

Oooh, sorry, it wasn't your Mom's house ... but you didn't contest to the basement living or social assistance now did you?

Thanks for coming out.

Scoff
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
... for pete's sake man, it's THEN ... "THEN DON'T POST HERE."

Strife
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Oooh, sorry, it wasn't your Mom's house ... but you didn't contest to the basement living or social assistance now did you?

Thanks for coming out.

Its a well known fact that I'm on social assistance. I dont live in a basement either but I have before. Does it really make that much of a difference or is this another futile attempt at humor?

Scoff
02-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Its a well known fact that I'm on social assistance. I dont live in a basement either but I have before. Does it really make that much of a difference or is this another futile attempt at humor?

So now you admit to it ... I had the "mom" wrong and you go off like the entire statement was wrong.

I did say "lived", didn't I? As in past tense.

"you're the IT tech wannabe that lived in your Mom's basement for the longest time collecting some kind of social assistance. "

K, we're done here kid. No need to take up precious real-estate for your petty whining.

Strife
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Here is where your grammar lesson comes in. Your statement made out to say that I lived in my mom's basement whereas I have never lived in my mothers basement. I have lived in a basement, but not my mothers basement. See where I am going with this? If you cant see it, than maybe you arent as smart as you like to lead on.

Scoff
02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Here is where your grammar lesson comes in. Your statement made out to say that I lived in my mom's basement whereas I have never lived in my mothers basement. I have lived in a basement, but not my mothers basement. See where I am going with this? If you cant see it, than maybe you arent as smart as you like to lead on.

Forget it bud, you're obviously dumber than a sack of hammers.

Three attributes in the statement:
3 right with 1 minor detail wrong in one of them (No, I never lived in my Mom's basement ... it was "A" basement) ... you say "You have me mistaken ..."

See how pathetic that is?

Know what, just forget it ... like I said, you're obviously dumber than a sack of hammers and I'm not wasting my breath on a waste of skin like you.

Keep answering the easy questions so the real techies out there can handle the big stuff.

Enjoy your welfare.

Strife
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Forget it bud, you're obviously dumber than a sack of hammers.

Three attributes in the statement:
3 right with 1 minor detail wrong in one of them (No, I never lived in my Mom's basement ... it was "A" basement) ... you say "You have me mistaken ..."

See how pathetic that is?

Know what, just forget it ... like I said, you're obviously dumber than a sack of hammers and I'm not wasting my breath on a waste of skin like you.

Keep answering the easy questions so the real techies out there can handle the big stuff.

Enjoy your welfare.

You just cant admit that you played your cards wrong. You asked me how my mothers basement is when in fact I have never lived in my mothers basement. Maybe I should go slower for you?

Scoff
02-18-2010, 05:42 PM
If you dont plan on answering questions here, than why post this. Most of the issues here arent solved by a simple reboot.

Perhaps, "most" are not ... but the other questions not bundled up with the majority can be solved by the reboot. Even then, if it's a few it solves it still saves some people time.

Point was, before asking ... simply reboot to see if it solves the issue. I had just happened to see DQ's post about his audio not functioning (it was his reference to "WoW" that caught my eye, so I looked). Eventually in his thread he stated that the problem was solved after he rebooted (CHKDSK ran). So what's wrong with a simple post to let people know that it's a common occurence?

What was your whole point again with all this? Other than proving to be an ignorant little sh*t disturber who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time ...

Scoff
02-18-2010, 05:43 PM
You just cant admit that you played your cards wrong. You asked me how my mothers basement is when in fact I have never lived in my mothers basement. Maybe I should go slower for you?

I got the owner of the basement wrong ... I didn't get you wrong.

I don't care anymore bud, I have no time for your idiocy.

/yawn

L8r.

Strife
02-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Perhaps, "most" are not ... but the other questions not bundled up with the majority can be solved by the reboot. Even then, if it's a few it solves it still saves some people time.

Point was, before asking ... simply reboot to see if it solves the issue. I had just happened to see DQ's post about his audio not functioning (it was his reference to "WoW" that caught my eye, so I looked). Eventually in his thread he stated that the problem was solved after he rebooted (CHKDSK ran). So what's wrong with a simple post to let people know that it's a common occurence?

What was your whole point again with all this? Other than proving to be an ignorant little sh*t disturber who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time ...

Now you are resorting to calling me name. How mature. The whole point of all this was because your post came across as negative. You came across as the almighty tech god that wont bestow his knowledge to even the simplest issues. If your post was in a more neutral way rather than in such a manner that you are looking down on the lesser peoples, there would be no need for this.

V Code
02-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Wow Dixie... I thought i was cruel sometimes with my posts. You have far surpassed and are quite possibly the biggest arsehole i have seen here for a while. and BTW- you turn off sticky keys the same way you turned them on! there is no need to waste time rebooting a computer. Restarting a computer is an idiot solution/suggestion. At this point however you have goaded me into making this response when i should have done my first reaction and added you to the ignore list. Canadian i suggest you do the same.

jeffster
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
It's no wonder people are dropping off soonet like flies. It's people like "dixs enormous" that ruin it for the people that actually like to offer there advice/help or opinions. Not overly sure about the "enormous dix" part...but i can say with certainty that you're a huge prick

Killswitch
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
It's dealt with. I wish you guys would have reported his posts though. I didn't know about them until now.