PDA

View Full Version : roast chicken recipe wanted

scalerman
02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
wondering whats a good recipe for roasted chicken maybe some kind of rub or something i was told to soak it over night in the fridge in water and seasalt and that it would be tender anyone ever heard of this

TPK
02-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I make roasted chicken every other week and the best thing I've found is either 1: (if you don't groove on crispy skin) you can cook it in the slow cooker with water, salt, and pepper. A little garlic powder if you like it is good too. 2: (if you groove on crispy skin) you can cook it in the oven with all the same things as before on it and make sure to put an inch of water in the bottom of the pan. Last 30 minutes uncover and let skin crisp. Hope that helps, it's not a recipe per say but chicken is one of those things you can try whatever you like on it.

lynys
02-13-2010, 03:49 PM
I cover mine with butter and then throw some fresh rosemary on it. Cooking time depends on the size obviously. Always turns out delicious though.

scalerman
02-14-2010, 01:06 PM
thanks for the responses. gonna give it a try today

mags
02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
I do mine like Lynys except half the time I use olive oil instead of butter, others herbs you can use are oregano, thyme. Just using salt and pepper after oiling or buttering your chicken is hard to beat. I roast my chicken at 350F till done which depends on size.

heintzman
03-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I just made one on Sunday nite,,, i stuffed it ,,, using the epicure poultry seasoning ,,, So Amazing,,, i rubbed some oil on top of the bird then some more of the epicure poultry seasoning,,, baked it like a turkey,,, 2.5 lbs for 2 hrs. @ 350 the lid off for 15 min. at the end,,, amazing gravy!! it was a success,,, and i contribute that to the new spice that i tried,,, if you need the # to a consultant ,pm me,,, i just caught on to these new spices ,,, and i love them!