PDA

View Full Version : Recipe help? Got a cook book?

EyelashExtensions
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm looking for a recipe that was in an older cookbook. Maybe from the 80's or eariler, it very well could have been the joy of cooking. I used to make these "snowball" treats when I was younger and I can't find the cookbook. I know the ingredients were creamcheese, icing sugar(maybe) maracshino cherries(for the middle) and coconut to roll them in. If anyone has on older cookbook and have some time on your hands...could you please see if you can find the recipe.

MaO3
02-12-2010, 08:17 PM
We make something simular but without cream cheese.
Ours are Unsalted Butter, Icing sugar, a tiny bit of milk and Almond extract. You roll the mixture around a cherry and roll it in coconut or graham wafter crumbs.

If that might be it, I'll happily give you the measurements.

:)

Genny
02-13-2010, 06:12 AM
I don't mean to steal your thread lizzardskills, but Ma03, that recipe sounds delish. Would you mind printing it up on here?

Lizzardskills, I did look in my Joy of Cooking book - did not see anything resembling "snowballs".

yoda
02-13-2010, 07:12 AM
I found this recipe, hope it helps

1(4 ounce) pkg cream cheese softened, gradually blend in
1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped marachino cherries

cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, then shape into 1 inch balls and then roll in wafer crumbs or coconut

EyelashExtensions
02-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Hmm it might have been with wafer crumbs...that might be the recipe. It's been so long I can't remember! I made them when I was 10...so over 20 years ago lol Thanks yoda and Ma...I might try both lol

MaO3
02-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Heres our recipe Genny

1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
3 cups Icing sugar (approx)
3 cups coconut-finely shreaded (approx)
1 tsp Almond Extract
2 tbsp's milk
Cherries
Graham wafer crumbs

Mix first 5 ingredients - refridgerate till solid and can be handled. Drain cherries on paper towel while dough is chilling.

Wet palm of hand with cold water. Flatten approx 1 tbsp of dough in palm of hand, place a well drained cherry in centre. Roll dough around cherry. Roll in Graham wafter crumbs or more coconut.
Refridgerate

Genny
02-13-2010, 04:53 PM
thanks Ma03 and Yoda, copied both. I love coconut!