PDA

View Full Version : Any I-POD Touch Users?

Xzavia
02-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Okay....before I throw this thing out the window, maybe someone explain to me why they make these things just to test my limits! :cry:

The guy at the store told us...you don't need a credit card to set up your apple account, yet every dam time I try I get this dam BOLD RED message telling me I need to input my credit card info. Is there some technique to sneaking around that question? I just want the free applications, and stuff the site offers. If something costs then I just shouldn't be able to download it right???

I did call Future Shop and asked them, the guy there told me he kept getting that question when he set his up. He left it and tried again the next day and he got through without filling that info in somehow but he didn't know what he did different.

Also....my wireless router won't pickup the IPOD, and yes I can unlock my router but it keeps telling me there's no new devices. And the IPOD itself says it was unable to join my routers network.

Please!!!! What little of my sanity that I have left is quickly deteriorating because of these flipping gizmos and gadgets that require you to be a rocket scientist to figure them out!

H.E. Pennypacker
02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-212880.html

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2008/10/18/create-an-itunes-account-without-a-credit-card/

Xzavia
02-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks! I tried the first one and it worked for me!

H.E. Pennypacker
02-19-2010, 11:26 PM
no problem glad it worked.

Xzavia
02-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Ughhh....nevermind that! I filled it out, even got the confirmation email thanking me for joining. Then when I went to log into my account it wouldn't let me do anything until I provided my credit card account.

Now I'm thinking if I had to maybe I could just get on of those credit cards you load so much onto it and go that way if I can.

Xzavia
02-21-2010, 12:23 PM
I did try the second one too, it tells you when it comes to payment options to click the one that says "none", but there is no "none" option when I tried.

Appreciate you trying for me though PennyPacker.:teeth:
Thanks!

Xzavia
02-22-2010, 07:00 AM
I ended up getting a $15.00 Itunes card, worked for me! Kids are happy too!

Strife
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah I had to use a credit card before signing up for an iTunes account. After I signed up, I just removed the credit card from my account to prevent any unauthorized/accidental charges. As for the wireless, this may sound silly but make sure the wireless is turned on on your iPod.

Upper Decker
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Or your wireless security is incompatible with the ipod touch. eg: if your running WPA2 security on the router it wont detect the ipod.

Ultra54
02-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I have owned an Touch for a couple of years and I have to say iTunes is an evil program and Apple is at least as bad as Microsoft. Now Future Shop is on a whole new lvl of ineptitude. If you ever need to speak to a sales person you will certainly be lied too.

Strife
02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
I have owned an Touch for a couple of years and I have to say iTunes is an evil program and Apple is at least as bad as Microsoft. Now Future Shop is on a whole new lvl of ineptitude. If you ever need to speak to a sales person you will certainly be lied too.

I dont see anything wrong with iTunes, other than the fact that you have to provide a credit card when you sign up for an iTunes account which you can just take right off afterwards.

H.E. Pennypacker
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM

well i can't say i've had any bad experiences there.

Xzavia
02-24-2010, 09:15 AM
We actually prefer Future Shop, guess we've just hit it lucky everytime we've ventured in there. The other day we went in to inquire about something else and I mentioned to Hubby that I wanted to inquire about the IPOD touches as my son has talked about nothing else lately. The young guy we talked too was great, he showed some stuff on them, explained why he likes his and what he does with it. Hubby had fun fooling around with the ones they have and he's even worse than me for adhjusting to new technology-anything.

My router problem seemed to be in my signal or something. MY SIL came over and I asked her to take it IPOD) home and see if she should get anything from her router, all she had to do was walk across the property and hers was picking it up. Yet if she came back here mine still wasn't recognizing it. Ended up rebooting my router, lost everything of course, used some colourful language, banged my head against the wall a few times in the process of getting everything back and then it picked up the IPOD's and I have an even stronger signal. Still not exactly sure what I did but I'm not asking since everything is working now and even better at that!

Thanks!

Sweet Little Sister
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
the swearing and head banging was what finally fixed ours too!

Ultra54
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't mean to be disrespectful but maybe you haven't alot of experience with other methods of loading music onto your mp3 player. You can't simply copy and paste songs to and from you player, instaed you have to sync your damn iPod every time you want to make changes to your songs you want on your player. Another major anoyance is the fact if you enjoy having a huge library as I do and use your computer as an entertainment system thats hooked up to your home stereo your buggered because every time you hook your iPod up it wants to sync your whole library. Flexability is not one of its strong suits. It is just as bad as any Microsoft product. You also can't play the tunes you bought on any other type of MP3 palyer, if that isn't bull**** I don't know what is.

Ultra54
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't know much of anything but I do know a good bit about computers and home electronics and being talked down too or listening to someone say stuff that is totally wrong just to make a sale is insulting to me. I worked in this industry for a good many years and have been an enthusiast for longer than that. One small example. Nephew buys a computer tower, wants to upgrade the video card, is willing to pay what it costs. Sales flunky upsells him a power supply and video card and supply that physically don't fit in the case. Anyone with half a brain should have seen it as it's comman knowledge, especially a guy who makes his living off it. As I said, this is one small example in the last month, I have a good amount more.

H.E. Pennypacker
02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
...you know you can just uncheck the box that automatically syncs it right... then you can drag over what you want manually...hmmmmm flunky?

Ultra54
02-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Yes, I know that, but when you wan to change youre tunes on the ipod man, thats what I'm talking about. So I have 10 gig of music loaded up on my iTunes and I only want certain songs on my iPod. Flunky....wtf?....hmmmmmmmm. I also love the whole authorization process. So I have my computer auhorized with xp on it one day and reformat and put on Windows 7 which makes it think that I have a new computer, using up one of my 5 installs. How do I now unauthorize the "old" computer?

Strife
02-28-2010, 12:29 AM
If you check the box that says "Manually manage music and videos", the iPod becomes like every other MP3 player in the sense that you have to select the songs you want on there. There are many MP3 players out there that use a specific program to add songs onto the device.

Ultra54
02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I have it opened right infront of me and can't find any such option. Could yioiu be more specific where this option is buried?

Strife
03-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Connect your Ipod. Select your ipod on the left of iTunes. That should bring up the sync options and also displays the info of the ipod connected. The check mark box should be on that page.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Connect your Ipod. Select your ipod on the left of iTunes. That should bring up the sync options and also displays the info of the ipod connected. The check mark box should be on that page.

you got it....super simple....

chase_me
03-01-2010, 01:51 PM
but you can't buy apps with the itunes card in canada and you HAVE to use a credit card. For that reason alone I am returning the touch I just bought on friday.

Strife
03-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I just created an American account and used an iTunes card from the Mich Soo Walmart. Problem solved.

ShelbyGT550
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Or you can do what I normally do, Keep your eye out for apps that go from full price to free for a cretin amount of time. Got over 50 of them that way. :)