PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Crafty Stuff??

A*lil*Loopy
02-28-2010, 04:20 PM
I've come into a tonne of craft stuff and don't know what to do with a lot of it. I have lots of old craft magazines (Hands Canada, etc) and various books for costumes and creative hobbies. Since all of this originated in my late aunts place (she was a bit of a ****der), I don't know how to slim down the amount that we have. There was a chok full 2 bedroom apartment, the lady was a craft magazine editor and had lots of stuff sent to her for review and she kept it all.
I'd like to sell some of it but if you know of any organizations who could use things like this: textile books, costume design books, needlepoint books, cross stitch, etc. Anything that involves needle work actually.

So? Any organizations that could use this stuff that you know of? I'd be happy to distribute it as evenly as possible.

Muffin
02-28-2010, 06:00 PM
donate it to the Soup Kitchen's children's program, they are always using craft stuff, and it would be appreciated.

ArcticBlue
02-28-2010, 09:53 PM
A lot of the nursing homes and retirement homes have activities that involve crafts, of sorts. Perhaps they could use the literature to get ideas of things to do with the seniors?

Dragonfly
02-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Sault College could use a lot of it I know that. I am in CYW and we do art classes to learn about doing crafts with kids for therapy. Also CAS, Algoma Public Health, Healthy Babies Healthy Children would LOOOVE it. They are always hurting!