PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Help. PLEASE HELP

TylerP
03-03-2010, 11:07 AM
My laptop is a Toshiba Satelitte M70, I woke up this morning and the thing was shut off but when I went to bed I put it into sleep mode. Now when I try to turn it on it turns on for about 2 seconds and then shuts off, it cant even load up to the first screen. I dont really have the money to get it fix or even get a replacement so Im looking to you soonet users for help.

Bluesky
03-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Double check that your power supply is not fritzed. SOUnds like your battery is drained and the laptop isn't getting power. If it's not that, I can't help you.

TylerP
03-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Ive already tested that the supply is fine because I tried it on my friends laptop thats the same as mine and it gets power and when I plug it into my laptop the light lights up to show that its connected.

Hans
03-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Press and hold the power button for several seconds, until it shuts down. Then press power button again and see if it starts up normally.

TylerP
03-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Ive tried it doesnt work :(

Bluesky
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I see a trip to some techie for a first hand look in your future..

axalon2003
03-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Try taking out hte battery and seeing if it turns on with the power connected. Your batter may have gone bad.

lk_wicked
03-03-2010, 11:30 PM
remove the battery, unplug from the wall, then press and hold the power button for ten seconds. It will release any remaining power that is residual in the laptop. then without replacing the battery, plug the laptop in with the ac adapter in the electrical outlet, and press the power button, this is known as a hardware reset technique, known to most manufacturers. If it powers on, let it load all the way up. see if it stays on for several minutes, if it does, then shut it down propertly, unplug the cord, and put the battery back in, replug it in, and see if it turns on again.

also note, there are some viruses that will cause a notebook or desktop computer to turn off after a few seconds of power.

when you first turn on the computer, there should be a setup key on the keyboard that will take you to setup or bios. press that key. if your computer turns on, and does not turn itself off, right away, that should eliminate a hardware issue, meaning your laptop is fine, it is software causing the problem.

goodluck

Upper Decker
03-03-2010, 11:42 PM
doesnt sound like a power issue at all, sounds like something overheated and died on the board - shot board. Either that or something is tripping the thermal sensors to shut it off immediatly. Tear it apart and check out the cooling sytem, ie:thermal pads burnt or not present from heat. Notorious problem with discrete gpus on laptops, fans mucked up and not spinning.