PDA

View Full Version : sick kid

autum1
03-04-2010, 08:38 AM
My daughter had the stomach flu over the weekend , seemed to be getting better on Sunday, started eating , feeling like herself . But come Monday morning getting ready for school she is complaining about dizzyness and being tired. Also a fuzzy head. Tuesday I'm sick with the same flu, I send her to school. She comes home tired , falls asleep before and after supper. I keep her home Wed. naps in the morning and afternoon. This is not normal for her she normally is active and singing all day long. Bugging her big brother and me.
Hoping to get her into her doctor today. Not sure what is going on with her. No temp. Eating but not alot. Anyone have their kids act like this?

b&aMom
03-04-2010, 08:48 AM
No, but I am. Apparently RSV is really, really nasty this year. That's a typical child's cold. I feel pretty much as your child has, however, and I have both neighbours next door that have been down with it.

Amaranth
03-04-2010, 05:47 PM
There is a horrible stomach virus going around. Both of my supervisors and their families have had it and now my husband and one of the kids are feeling ill. It starts with nausea, dizzy spells and sleeping a lot. It lasts a few days. So far, so good for me although both of my bosses are sure I will be next. Eek!

bluekrissyspikes
03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
everyone at my house has had that in the last few days. seems like the puking doesn't last too long but the loss of appetite and tiredness has been here for days with no sign of backing off. make sure to keep her hydrated with pedialite or gaterade.

Babzz
03-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I just got a notice from my boys school. Norwalk virus going around the soo and lots of kids are home sick :(

Asparas
03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Both my wife and I got it, however, I'm still suffering while she luckily only had it for less than a full 24 hours...

bluekrissyspikes
03-05-2010, 11:46 PM
my kids are still not eating right and complaining but haven't been really, really sick. hopefully it passes soon. i hate when they aren't eating

Asparas
03-06-2010, 11:26 AM
That's the same with me, at this point, I'm not really sick, but I'm getting light headed due to not eating, and everything I do eat sits really really heavy in my stomach... It's no fun.. I feel sorry for any kid who's suffering from this.