PDA

View Full Version : BUY Flat aquarium rock

noved
03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know who sells, or is willing to sell, or knows where to find some flat aquarium rock like slate slabs.

Dachshunds Rule
03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Foremost pets on Second line has flat slate, pricey though.
I've also heard that you can go to flooring places and buy broken tiles/countertops.
What kind of a tank are you puting it in?
I have a 100gl freshwater and I used red sandstone. It hasn't effected my water quality or broke down and has been in the tank over a year.

Hans
03-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Batchwana Bay has tons of those, for free.

noved
03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Foremost pets on Second line has flat slate, pricey though.
I've also heard that you can go to flooring places and buy broken tiles/countertops.
What kind of a tank are you puting it in?
I have a 100gl freshwater and I used red sandstone. It hasn't effected my water quality or broke down and has been in the tank over a year.

Its a heavily planted tank. I just want this type of rock to build little hideing places and caves for different size fish. Tile is a good idea but I want the look of natural rock. As for Foremost, the lady thats is always working there rubs me the wrong way. Poor customer service I find. She always assumes I'm an idiot and tries to lecture me. I know more then she does when it come to planted tanks I can gaurentee. I will never pay fish store prices for rock. but thanks for the reply

Batchwana Bay has tons of those, for free.

Thanks for the heads up. Where about exactly? I'm not too familiar with Batchwana bay.

GRUMPY
03-10-2010, 11:44 PM
try down by the rapids once all the snow goes as there is a lot of red sandstone down there,but don't forget to boil it.