PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer for my Jack...

Sara
07-24-2007, 11:52 PM
He's been my boy for a while now...not sure what his actual age is but he's well past 10 years old. He's a sweetheart of a dog and we adopted him from a shelter - pound puppies are definitely some of the best.

I have been putting off putting him down for too long. Months, even. He's not happy. I carry him up and down the stairs on his bad days... he can't hear anymore. He has a hard time getting up when he wakes up and he barely eats anymore. He's never had a cross word for anyone and I'm going to miss him so much. I made the appointment today so on Thursday morning, I'll bid my boy farewell. Maybe the Soonet pet people could just keep him in your thoughts and say a little prayer for a smooth departure for him... He'll be in my arms till the end. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

grantsgetaway
07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Awwww it's so hard to do what you have to do, I'll have to come over tomorrow to say my good byes to my bud! I am sure going to miss him, but he hasn't been doing well, I knew it was going to come soon...

everywoman
07-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this Sara. It's such a hard decision to make, but you are doing what's best for your little guy. He knows it too. You are in my thoughts...

Larimar
07-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Lots of prayers to you and your furbaby

Sophie's_Mommy
07-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Im so sorry to hear sara, but you have to do what is best for him. My parents had to put our puppy of 15 yrs down last year, it was so hard, he was such a sweet dog, but he was so sick and the look he had in his eyes was heartbreaking. I cried for weeks, and still shed a tear when i think about him or see his picture, i loved my Jakie, and its a hard thing to do, they are like a child, its definitely not a easy thing to do, my prayers are with you and jack.

mags
07-25-2007, 06:30 AM
So sorry Sara for you and your little guy. Prayers for both of you.

LettuceLady
07-25-2007, 08:38 AM
P & PT for you and Jack, Sara! We had to put Smudge down 2 weeks ago and its very hard. I hated to have to do it. He slowly went down hill in the past 8 months. Days before we let him go, he only had 1 paw that was partially working. He was full of arthritis and was messing himself. He too had to be carried up & down the stairs for the litter box.
If I remember correctly, your vet is Dr. Gunum as well?
He was very compassionate and sympathetic when my husband brought Smudge in.

kitca
07-25-2007, 08:49 AM
prayers and good thots for you guys and jack. such a hard decision...

Sara
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks everyone...

Yes LL, it's Dr. Gunam who's going to do it. I had to take some puppies in for shots this morning so I paid for Jack's appointment this morning so I can just leave tomorrow after my goodbyes... and they were all very sweet to me today.

Sorry about Smudge, he was a gorgeous boy and I know how hard it must have been for you. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I had to put my beautiful Siamese boy down a couple years back too and I still miss that old man.

Haven't lost any of my dogs in a long time though so I'm finding this really hard to deal with but it's best for him. He's been messing himself too and yelping once in a while about nothing. Nothing that we can see, anyway. This is way overdue. Just couldn't do it... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

A*lil*Loopy
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
So sorry Sara, I'm in the same situation and not looking forward to it either. I'm hoping my old girl will hold out til fall as she's so senile that she's pretty happy.
You and Jack will be in my thoughts. I'm glad you'll be there for that last breath and that quiet moment. Be strong.

DogsRule
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Sorry Sara, you know I've been through this one too many times myself. It is NEVER easy.

Take comfort in knowing he's had a good life since he's been with you and that he's lived to be a nice old age.

And he will soon be pain free playing with all your past babies and mine too. Tritan and Kronos will give him a run for his money /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

*hug* best wishes for you, your family and Jack.

snowwolf1972
07-25-2007, 12:31 PM
give him hugs and kisses from us a Sara he is a sweetheart. give me a call after if you need someone to talk to you know that i will be there for ya.

chase_me
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
So sorry you have to go through this Sara my thoughts are with you and poor Jack today. Darn preggo hormones i don't even know the dog but reading what others wrote about him on here is making me bawl. I feel for you and your family losing a pet is never easy, but he will be at rainbow bridge waiting for you.

MaO3
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Sara, I know how hard this is too. I think that most of us have been in your shoes, and it sucks.

Take solice in the fact that he's had a happy life with you and that you are helping him now, helping him find a pain free place.

Sara
07-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Thank you again everybody... Jack is gone now and I'm heartbroken but I have been through this before. The enjoyment we get from our pets is far greater than the sadness that hits when they leave this plane, so I take comfort in that. And when I get home tonight, it will be to a pack of happy-go-lucky girls who will smother me in kisses and smash me to death with their tails of doom.

I'll miss you my boy...rest easy.

kitca
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
oh, give me a tear...

it is so sad that we will have to go through this many times with our pets, as hard as it is, it is a small price to pay for all the love and happiness we get from them while they are with us.

Babzz
07-26-2007, 04:16 PM
I am so sorry for your loss sara..

leafs93
07-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Awww so sad. Run free over the bridge Jack. Just think now he is pain free and remember how good of a life you gave him. Hugs to you.

Intangible
07-27-2007, 11:48 AM
My heart goes out to you Sara, it's not easy....

Babzz
07-27-2007, 11:52 AM
I had a lab for 12 years.. It is very sad when they leave us /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif