PDA

View Full Version : ceramic/organic/semi metalic?

Giggle Squirt
03-17-2010, 05:33 PM
What is your opinion on the above pads? I usually go with ceramic but how are the organics? I was told that the organics have a longer life then the ceramics but that doesn't make sense to me because the ceramics are a harder pad??? I have a pretty heavy foot and usually chew threw pad and rotors. UGH i hate decisions. And has anyone used wagner pads? I was also thinking of putting a whole brembo system on the car...

_daynzy
03-18-2010, 08:09 AM
ceramics = easy on the rotor, last longer, and if you have nice rims they don't leave the black/grey brake dust'

semi metallics - bit harder on the rotor than the ceramic - supposedly they don't do that well in winter months (questionable?) and they do make some pretty icky brake dust

organic - soft soft soft and don't last as long as ceramics or semi metallics and are a lot more dusty

I've used the wagner thermo quiets on a few different vehicles.. they aren't that quiet and don't last that long. I've also used the Satisfied Ceramic brand too and they're IMO 10x better and last longer and a bit cheaper. I put a brand called Kric Ceramic on my truck and I love them, loved the price too! http://www.kangrich.com/

I was also thinking of putting a whole brembo system on the car...

= the brembo sport brake pads are pretty reasonable priced and great quality.. whether they're any better than your average pad tho

Giggle Squirt
03-18-2010, 06:07 PM
I went and got myself some ceramics and new rotors. I thought that the organics were super soft. they were trying to sell me a set of wagner organic pads telling me they were better then the ceramics. It didn't make sense to me. You have a point about the brembo pads and rotors. Oh well. At least I will be stopping!