PDA

View Full Version : Penhorwood Park/ Clergue School

puppypower
03-17-2010, 09:19 PM
There is some major digging going on here, where the baseball fields are, does anyone know what is being done?

Evil Monkey
03-17-2010, 09:26 PM
They are burying bodies. Lots of em too.

Giggle Squirt
03-17-2010, 09:29 PM
ya they closed down a bunch of prisons in michigan.

verotik66
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
lol it is called a new school

Tutones
03-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Yep, that is where the NEW F.H.Clergue is being built. Students are scheduled to move in by May 2011.

b&aMom
03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Which will be the merging of Rosedale and Clergue. If I'm not mistaken, that will put all of the public school board's French Immersion elementary program in one school. Clergue had JK to grade 3? and Rosedale housed grades 4-8. Wonder what they'll do with the Rosedale property? Wonder what they'll do with the Dunn property, too. Unless Algoma U wants it, but Anna McCrea is in the way.

iluvchristian
03-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Clergue's jk/sk enrollment is too high for next September that they are moving the grade 3's to Rosedale next year :( But hopefully the new Clergue will be built on schedule and they can have all the kids in the new school. I remember when the Dunn was sinking, and they had to send all of the kids there to White Pines while they fixed it. I'm surprised it lasted this long!

MissMuffett
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
The school plans look awesome.

Anapeg
03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Clergue's jk/sk enrollment is too high for next September that they are moving the grade 3's to Rosedale next year :( But hopefully the new Clergue will be built on schedule and they can have all the kids in the new school. I remember when the Dunn was sinking, and they had to send all of the kids there to White Pines while they fixed it. I'm surprised it lasted this long!

The Dunn was sinking? I thought it was the other way round, the Pines was sinking?

Tutones
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Yes, it was the Pines that was sinking and they sent everyone to the Dunn that year. The Dunn had the early shift and White Pines had the late shift. My sister was at the Dunn that year.

Clergue's enrollment even this year was so high that my younger son's class has to use the library as their classroom.
My oldest son will be in grade 2 next year - hard to believe his class will be the 'seniors' in the school. The Clergue kids will move into the new school in May so that they can tear the old Clergue down. Rosedale students will not move into the new school until September of 2011. While a new school will be great for the kids, I most look forward to the much improved parking/traffic flow plan for both the school buses and parent traffic when I have to go pick up my kids.

iluvchristian
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Yes, it was the Pines that was sinking and they sent everyone to the Dunn that year. The Dunn had the early shift and White Pines had the late shift. My sister was at the Dunn that year.

Clergue's enrollment even this year was so high that my younger son's class has to use the library as their classroom.
My oldest son will be in grade 2 next year - hard to believe his class will be the 'seniors' in the school. The Clergue kids will move into the new school in May so that they can tear the old Clergue down. Rosedale students will not move into the new school until September of 2011. While a new school will be great for the kids, I most look forward to the much improved parking/traffic flow plan for both the school buses and parent traffic when I have to go pick up my kids.

Ah yes, the other way around, my mistake!

As for the improved traffic flow will be wonderful, as both schools are lacking in that!

verotik66
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM

the Dunn never sank, so i hope your other memories are better.

iluvchristian
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
the Dunn never sank, so i hope your other memories are better.

Oh, they're great!! But now I'm wondering just how accurate they are!

Anapeg
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM
The only thing sinking when I went to high school was my marks. Go figure?