PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Rules

starterwiz
03-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Does anyone have a collection of records they never play but can't throw out?
I'm starting a turntable restoration business, as there are several people that realize that a nice record simply sounds better than digital if it's played on a decent, well set up deck.

I'm just trying get a feel for the local interest level, and what would be reasonable to charge.

I have started collecting some inventory, some at the <$200 range, some mid priced, and a couple +$1k range.

I've recorded some older records onto CD on one of the nicer decks, and even tho it's converted to digital, they still sound better than the store-bought cd versions.
I know everyone is going to MP3 and i-Pod, but the sound just plain sucks.

Xzavia
03-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I still got my Mickey Mouse Disco and Shaun Cassidy - Under Wraps albums around here somehere, couple of Bob Seger albums too. My Mom still has a cupboard full from our teen years and some oldies here and my Dad always listened too.

Macs II
03-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I still have hundreds of vinyl LP's .....and I agree they sound lot better

Andre
03-24-2010, 11:19 PM
yup the separation on them is amazing compared to cd's

I take good care of my old Dual CS-450

Santana
03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
I just had this conversation the other day actually, someone was saying they thought it was funny that they saw turn tables for sale. I had commented that I thought vinyls sounded far superior to mp3,flac or cd quality.

everywoman
03-25-2010, 12:00 AM
In September, my husband and I had our anniversary. We stayed home and cooked together and brought out the old turntable and spun great tunes all night. I miss the days of great album cover art, inside notes and the feeling of music actually being an event, vs. a download.

Giggle Squirt
03-25-2010, 12:36 AM
I only have a few albums. AC/DC eagles, a few stomping tom, meatloaf and a few others. I don't even own a record player anymore. I love my great grandmothers old wind up record player. it is so old and I just love it so much. It is always a hit when it comes out.