PDA

View Full Version : Any one having problems with Shaw in the Central Location lately?

frog_trucker
03-25-2010, 11:59 PM
My internet keeps cutting in and out. I have bought a new router changed the internet speed through Shaw. Bought more memory new video card and it still isn't working. The internet keeps cutting out. Nothing seems to work. Are the lines too old in this district???? Carmin's Way is my backyard. I guess I'm considered central. I keep talking to them and nothing seems to happen, maybe I need to switch to Bell ???? Anyone have any ideas?

Hans
03-26-2010, 01:01 PM
The only thing I have noticed a couple of times is that the DNS servers don't respond for several minutes. Only a couple of times though. Is that what you see?

opinionated
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Sounds like bad lines...mine used to do that all the time and it was a bad line from the pole...got a new line dropped and it fixed the problem.

Shaw techs have the equipment to test all that stuff...just tell them your internet cuts out, cable gets fuzzy (even if you're telling a bit of a lie)...just try and get a tech out to investigate.