PDA

View Full Version : hickory smoked ham recipe ideas

Babzz
03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Post your fav please..
Anapeg.. pretty sure you have a great one if I remember correctly from christmas :)

Anapeg
03-30-2010, 06:52 PM
I gave mine to Babzz and if she survives she may want to share it.

Babzz
03-31-2010, 07:06 AM
anapeg's recipe.... :)

Ahhh! To die for

One smoked ham bone in
One or two cans of sliced pineapple
Powdered mustered or French's wet if you prefer but dry is nicer
Brown sugar
Salt to taste
Whole and powdered cloves

Remove the wrapper from the ham and pat dry. Take a shape knife and cut a diamond shape ( criss cross ) through the fat of the ham down to the meat and place the whole cloves at intersecting cuts. Place ham on a grate and place in a 300 degree oven with water in bottom of cooking pan. Open the pineapple drain and save the juice. Into the juice put some powdered cloves. a pinch of salt, mustard to taste and enough brown sugar to make a syrup. With a brush baste the ham every one half hour or so with the syrup mixture. One half hour before serving place the pineapple on the ham with tooth picks to hold in place, either close or overlapping and turn your oven to broil and baste at ten minute intervals till done. Slice and enjoy with potatoes and veggie of your choice. Go easy with any salt as the ham will be salt cured and you can over due it easily. Left overs make really nice ham and scalloped potatoes and/or ham sandwiches.

Save the ham bone for split pea soup or as a fantastic soup stock for later.

Babzz
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
it was yummmmmmmmmmmy :)

Need your pea soup recipe now annepeg.. Last one I made was uggggg lol

NewCasa
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, Anapeg's smoked ham recipe is by far the best. I just have no idea how he gets it lit.

Anapeg
04-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I PM'd the soup recipe to you Babzz, did you receive it. It behaved kind of screwy when I sent it.

Anapeg
04-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Yes, Anapeg's smoked ham recipe is by far the best. I just have no idea how he gets it lit.

Lighting it is not the problem, now keeping the sucker lit, ah, there's the rub.

Babzz
04-07-2010, 02:09 AM
I did not get the soup recipe annepg