PDA

View Full Version : please help.

Berdux
07-26-2007, 12:39 AM
hi my cat misty took off on Friday night and just came back last night. since shes been back she has been very tired and moody. She use to love sitting on my lap like i would have to actualy lift here off of me and shed still try to hop back up. so today i went to pick her up but she hissed at me this is not like her at all. but i noticed that she had a cut. i took a picture and just wanted to get someone else's input so here it is please help. what should i do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/Coolguy27/102_3953.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/Coolguy27/102_3952.jpg

debrac
07-26-2007, 06:03 AM
OUCH. well she could have hooked it on somthing, and Im sure it is sore. You can take her to the vet they will check it ans clean it out ans give her a antibiotic I would think . Doubt very much they will stich it. It is too old now.

magic mushroom
07-26-2007, 08:01 AM
pour warm water and peroxide on it at least 3x's a day.
half and half mixture. (if you can, clip the hair around the wound, that may be a big if, don't worry if she won't let you)
check the rest of her body for any other wounds as well, including her toenails.
i would be also checking her for flea dirt.

Sara
07-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Very important to do like MM says and keep it so clean. It may be really gross to think about, but houseflies will lay their eggs in a break in the skin like that and well, those hatch and you get maggots. It's disgusting, but the vet warned us about that exact thing when one of our dogs had a cut just like that a couple months ago. So keep it super clean. Not a horrible idea to put a little Polysporin just around the edge of the cut either to promote faster healing either.

LadyNina
07-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm no Vet, but I'd say it looks like a bite wound. I think it should be seen by a Vet asap, as it could develop into an abscess. If it was another cat or animal that bit your cat, there could be a growing infection in there, and it could get alot worse if not treated properly.

On another note, I have heard that Rabies is in the Algoma area. It's very important that pets that go outside are vaccinated, as it would be a pity to lose your pet to such a preventable virus.

I hope he/she is okay. It certainly looks painful, and I hope that he/she is given the proper treatment, not just peroxide a couple times a day.

As Sara stated, flies can lay eggs in there. That would make maggots, and believe me, you don't want this to happen. It would definately be more expensive to treat the worse it becomes.

LettuceLady
07-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Id definatly keep it clean like MM said "until" you get to a vet. Make an appt. ASAP!!
Poor baby!

DogsRule
07-26-2007, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Y.I.P.S. Inc.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm no Vet, but I'd say it looks like a bite wound. </div></div>

Thats what I said, a liesion

*Angel*
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Hows ur cat feeling?

Iverson3k
08-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Im close friends with eazyduzit and the cat has been taken to the vet. 500$ later she was stitched up and had a lump removed that was under her tummy. Cat is doing alot better.

*Angel*
08-03-2007, 08:02 AM
500$...wow...why so expensive?

Berdux
08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
the visit alone was 135 plus all the work they did. i took her to the one on trunk.

terr994
08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Hmmmmm.....my cat went on an all nitghter once too and came back with some nasty wounds, one being a lil smaller than the one shown, he kept it clean himself and healed himself, hsir grew back, no lunps nothing, good as new.....I just kept an eye on it....git [censored] once and i cleaned it out no probs...he is fine today....100 percent...lol

bgrant
08-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I would think it was a bigger bill than normal because you say the cat had the wound cleaned, and stitched, plus had a lump removed from the belly. It's good you brought her in for a thorough checkup after seeing the wound. Poor kitty, no wonder she was in pain. I guess you will have to guard your door and make sure the little scamp doesn't sneak out again. Those adventures can be costly.