PDA

View Full Version : Help with DVD drive?

MaO3
04-11-2010, 04:58 PM
HELP. I just tried to play a DVD in my computer and it my computer just say's that theres' no disk in the drive.

Any ideas?

axalon2003
04-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Burned or bought DVD?

MaO3
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Burned - brought it home from my vacation. I took it to my parents and thier computer will play it no problem. Mine however cant' seem to play anything. I tried store bought DVD's too nothing works... :(

Its a very cool DVD of a thing we did on vacation... most of it filmed under water.. grrrrr

axalon2003
04-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Does your computer recognize that there is a dvd drive installed?

MaO3
04-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, it sees the drive but won't play anything. I think its connected the the virus that I had, and now have another.... Grrrr

Not sure whats going on but my whole system is screwed up!!

axalon2003
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Try putting a dvd or cd in the drive, and see if you can browse the contents (right click on drive, click on explore). If it shows what's on the drive, try double clicking on one of the videos and see if it will run from there.

MaO3
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I tried that, with both a burned and store bought dvd....nothing...

I have something else going on with my system too, it appears to be the Win32/heur - virus or trojan.
I can't seem to get it off my system.... Might need professional help.

Any suggestions?

axalon2003
04-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I'll reserve judgement on the "professional help" part...lol
What are you using for an antivirus program? What snti spyware program are you using? You may want to go into safe mode, update both programs, and run a full system scan with each one.

MaO3
04-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I was using AVG which obvioulsy failed!! and malwarebites. I've run both in safe mode,and still I have this problem. I'm starting to think I'll have to take it to someone to fix for me.
Grrrr... I had just gotten rid of the Antivirus 7 or whatever it was called, went on Vacation for 12 days came home to this.
damm kids!

dancingqueen
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Try going into Safe mode with Networking to update AVG, then run a full scan.
Make sure you are directly connected to the modem (don't go wireless) or else you may not be able to connect.
I also would recommend not getting to hasty with paying someone to fix this, likely they will just format it and charge you an arm and a leg (might be able to get a good deal with a local person not affiliated with any business though)

MaO3
04-15-2010, 09:42 AM
I've done a few scans in safe mode. I came up clean with Norton, with Malware bites but I'm still showing infections with AVG. I let it run overnight but when I tried to fix the found infections it crashed my computer..... GGGGGRRRRRRRR

So I still have a load of crap on my system.. Myboy has offered to help me out. I'm thinking I"m going to take him up on it...
I'm tired of trying to fix this one myself...