PDA

View Full Version : Explorer 8

bino
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi. I am having a problem with Internet Explorer 8.I am using Vista 32 and Explorer 8 will not start up.I have done a virus check and malware check with negative for both, results.There are 3 accounts on the computer and all accounts have the same problem.When I click to start it, it just says "connecting" but does not go further.When I check the "tools" icon to try and see if my internet options can be changed,the tools open up but all the choices are greyed out.I have also gone to the problem solving console but there is no help there.It has no answer for the problem.Explorer 8
worked well until about 2 days ago.
Thank you

axalon2003
04-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Are you working in "Off-Line" mode? If you see Off Line in brackets in the top bar in IE, you need to open up Tools, and un check Work Offline.
Do you have Firefox or another browser installed? That way you can tell if it's a browser or connection problem.
You can always do a system restore to 2 days ago, too. That will reset things to when it worked.

bino
04-12-2010, 06:58 AM
I have Firefox that I am using.Also when I open up Tools all the options are greyed out so that I can't click on them.I will try the system restore.

dancingqueen
04-12-2010, 07:25 AM
does Firefox work?

bino
04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes Firefox and Chrome and Opera all work.System restore hasn't fixed the problem.

dancingqueen
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
have you tried internet explorer with no add-ons?
go to the pearl and type internet explorer, select the one that says "(no addons)"

axalon2003
04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
If running it without add-ons doesn't fix the issue, uninstall IE8 then download it again and install it anew.