PDA

View Full Version : asthma and age...

Giggle Squirt
04-11-2010, 11:47 PM
So... when i was a kid i had horrible asthma.... then from 19 to um last month I was fine. Well the occasional problem but nothing like when I was a kid. Now starting the past month I am having major problems again and my doc wants to send me for more tests... i have never heard of it getting better and then worse again. Like in 5 years I think i have had to use medication about 10 times... now it is like 1-2 times a day. Ugh it sucks. :( any one else have it get better and then get worse or could it be something else causing it. I was never bothered by animals and stuff, well that is not true, I am kind of bothered by them but not bad enough for me to care, it is more like enviromental stuff that bothers me like trees/cutting grass/ dust perfume stuff like that.

bluekrissyspikes
04-11-2010, 11:54 PM
mines never completely gone away but there are times when i don't need my medication for months and months and then suddenly need it again. it's usually after i have been sick or stressed for a long time. i have seen my daughter suddenly become allergic to animals though, and get a lot of athsma related problems from that. when she was a born we had a lot of pets, then at about 2 she suddenly started having trouble breathing and one day i woke up to her barely breathing being all purple, and it turned out to be from the pets so i had to get rid of all of them. hope it's not your pets or anything serious

Giggle Squirt
04-12-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't know. I doubt it is my animals. They have never really bothered me at all. i vacuum every day. I have allergy covers for all my pillows and bed and everything.

lynys
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I had asthma from about the age of 13 until about 23. I think it had a lot to do with living in my parents home, and being around the cigarette smoke until I was 19 and moved out. Then, I worked in a bar/restaurant that allowed smoking.

I noticed it all seemed to get noticeably better once the non-smoking bylaw kicked in. After a few months of smoke free environment, my asthma went away.

I had an attack this past Christmas at my parents home (my parents and sister were smoking) and managed to calm my lungs without medication (because I stopped carrying my inhaler about 5 years ago)

I hope it never flares up again. Not being able to breathe was horrible!

NewCasa
04-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I don't know. I doubt it is my animals. They have never really bothered me at all. i vacuum every day. I have allergy covers for all my pillows and bed and everything.

In SS Marie it also depends on where you live....

Anapeg
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I can at times go months or years without problem then experience a need for medications lasting a similar period but more often a month or so. As you know I do occasionally smoke and am surrounded by bloody pets, so I have no clue what sets me off.

Giggle Squirt
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
My biggest problem is sears and the perfume area, or frankly any perfume area... like the air freshener aisles and stuff like that. Or summer time going through stores and the citronella smell from the candles and stuff. Going into green houses also makes me want to die. Cutting grass is the death of me. If i cut the grass or trim the weeds I can't breath and i have to air my clothing outside that i wore and they have to come in the house and go right in the washer.